VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished building and installing my 16vT into my g60 corrado. Everything seems to work except the coolant temp gauge. I am using the white coolant temp sensor on the side of the 16v head for the g60 digifant I ecu and I am using the brown coolant temp sensor(larger size than the white one) for the g60 gauge cluster. The gauge cluster does not work. Anyone know what 16v or other VW coolant temp sensors correspond with the digifant I blue CLT(ecu) and black CLT(gauge)? Thanks.
Brien

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: What 16v coolant temp sensor is compatable with the g60 corrado gauge cluster? (radoboy)

digi-1 really likes the blue coolant temp sensor for the ecu usage. Ohm it out at 180F coolant should be about 180-210ohms, any more, and you need to ditch it.
The black coolant temp sensor is calibrated just right for the g60 cluster..

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Re: What 16v coolant temp sensor is compatable with the g60 corrado gauge cluster? (radoboy)

you might try futzing with one of the blade connectors in the 16v head. they are both the same, normally in a 16v one is used for the gauge and the other for the MFA i think. methinks it would be a real pain to try and adapt those corrado "press fit" sensors.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What 16v coolant temp sensor is compatable with the g60 corrado gauge cluster? (rocco2nr)

exactly my problem. I have perfect g60 clts(blue for ecu and black for gauge) but they are the 20mm press in rather than the M10 threaded or whatever I need which the 16v head accepts. What are the other 16v digi 1 people using?
Brien

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: What 16v coolant temp sensor is compatable with the g60 corrado gauge cluster? (ZeeuwVW)

Ben,
Yeah I just picked one up but it only has a single 20mm sensor port. It should mount on the side of the head right above the 16v threaded coolant temp sensors. I checked the white 16v coolant temp sensor at 180 degrees and it was 200 K ohms so I know that is the correct one for the ecu. I will swap the flange with the sensor port on it tomorrow and use the stock black g60 coolant temp sensor for the g60 cluster. Thanks.
Brien

[Modified by radoboy, 11:27 PM 1-25-2003]

·
Registered
7 Posts

The guage clusters should all take the same signal. the 16v head should have come with a 10mm temp sensor near the side coolant flange. It only has one terminal on it.on a g60 the white sensor has a blue/yel and a brn wire(i think). Just hook the blue/yel to the sensor.
As for the blue sensor for the ecu I also have an idea i have not tested yet. 1988 digi II cars had an aluminum collant flange that the sensor screwed into. It had the same two pin plug as the newer cars. I will be confirming this because i am building a 16 turbo as we speak.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: What 16v coolant temp sensor is compatable with the g60 corrado gauge cluster? (hooptie)

cool thanks for the suggestion about the blue/yel wire. I have the sensor you are talking about for the gauge...10mm with a single pin but I don't have anywhere to put it on the 1.8 16v head
. There are 2 coolant sensor ports on the drivers side of the head...one 10mm and the other 14mm...i have the stock 16v thermo time switch in the 14mm hole but it is only there to plug that hole...in the 10mm port I have the white 16v coolant temp sensor which is serving as my ecu coolant temp sensor....any other place to mount another 10mm coolant temp sensor for the gauge cluster? otherwise tomorrow morn I am yanking the side coolant flange and installing the one i have which has a single digifant style 20mm press in coolant temp sensor for the gauge(stock black g60 coolant temp sensor with 2 prongs).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.