VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 Tiptronic chipped with Upsolute and running the Forge DV.
Should I touch the N75 valve? Which one works best with our Tip's?
Thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: What about my N75 valve? Should it be changed? (ACEdubs)

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Re: What about my N75 valve? Should it be changed? (ACEdubs)

Basically there is no solid answer... Buy a J and H and experiment then compare to stock. Give each at least a week of driving/logging/testing before you decide IMO. Each car seems to act quite differently.
Good Luck

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Re: What about my N75 valve? Should it be changed? (Jetta_1.8Tip)

Ive tried all of them, C, F, H, J, K. They all have different characteristics but my car enjoys the J the most. It makes power and keeps good power up top. I can give my specific experiences on wach one if you want. ciao.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: What about my N75 valve? Should it be changed? (chrisddo)

which NEVER put you in limp mode? that's all i hear about these valves... i'm starting to think they don't really do much at all, but not many auto are running them.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Re: What about my N75 valve? Should it be changed? (petesell)

Maybe I have just missed the posts but it seems that Auto's don't seem to plagued with limp mode issues as much. It's prob because our TC's such up so much of the torque.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: What about my N75 valve? Should it be changed? (Jetta_1.8Tip)

you right about that. i've never seen limp in my 4 speed, but my mods are pretty straightforward. i've read many posts re-N75 valve & limp, but most likely they were for standards. i'd just like to find out if one did make an auto go into limp so i can avoid it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts