VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 GTI VR6 and the throttle response sucks, is their anything after market or non after market that I can do about this..Please help

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Re: What about throttle response (GunaB)

drive a 1.8t and your opinion of $hitty throttle response will change very rapidly.

to answer your question a GIAC chip will probably satisfy your desire for increase throttle response....or a combination of intake/exhuast --> those two should definetly liven things up!
good luck!

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Re: What about throttle response (mwwhonda)

Other than the obivios (chip), I've heard that a set of pulleys and a grounding kit can help - but the only way to truely get rid of the horrible throttle response, is a chip

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What about throttle response (2003GLI-NJR)

Does a chip void my warranty.I have heard that in order for my car to be chipped I have to send my computer in and have it done which will put me out of my car for three days and if something went wrong the chip is saudered so its not like I could just take it out.I dont know maybe iam to worried about the whole warranty thing but thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GunaB »
Does a chip void my warranty.I have heard that in order for my car to be chipped I have to send my computer in and have it done which will put me out of my car for three days and if something went wrong the chip is saudered so its not like I could just take it out.I dont know maybe iam to worried about the whole warranty thing but thanks for your reply.

does it void the warranty? not directly --> but if the dealer finds it they could be *********....
if you are worried about warranty concerns go ahead w/ the intake/exhaust combination..those will do justice.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Re: (AlecGTI)

Quote, originally posted by AlecGTI »
grounding kit, intake, and exhaust all help.

+ adding a light weight flywheel, best way to get throttle response

·
Registered
2005 S2000, 2019 G70 6MT, 2019 i3 REX, 2003 XC70
16,727 Posts
The only way to *truly* get rid of poor throttle response is to ditch the DBW system, which is very difficult.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Re: (GTI 20v)

that is a good point but you can still get decent throttle response with the DBW

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
thats what happens with drive by wire. i think the only benefit for having an AEG 2.0L is having the throttle cable to my foot. ^_^

·
Registered
157 Posts

if you search in the 24v forum there is a discussion about the grounding kit. jettamandan sells and i think a couple others do to. you could always just make your own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts