VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been awhile.. have a chance at a 1.8 16v engine with 45k on it for a good price.
what all do i need besides the engine, ecu and harness.
this is my list of what else ill need
alternator
full exhaust???
fuse box???
fuel dist
fuel pump??
mounts
subframe????
tranny
cant think of anything else but please do help. id like to get this together by spring!!!

Modified by eastcoastdubs at 11:06 PM 2-10-2004

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Re: what all do i need to swap a 1.8 16v into my 1.7 8v scirocco? (eastcoastdubs)

Quote, originally posted by eastcoastdubs »

alternator
full exhaust???
fuse box???
fuel dist
fuel pump??
mounts
subframe????
tranny

people care but this has been beaten to death. this motor is plug and play basically. let me help out though.
alternator-use the 16V one because it already fits. a alternator only has two wires. a big one and small one. It's pretty simple
exhaust-you can use your factory exhaust but I would recommend upgrading. What's important is to get the scirocco downpipe or a d/p from TT for a 16V into an A1
fuse box-only if your rocco is so old it uses the bug style fuses which I highly doubt. What year is your rocco.
fuel dizzy-you need the roc's dizzy because it works with the CIS-E ECU
fuel pump-no worries here. Your's is fine!
mounts-use ALL your stock mounts. Considering replacing worn out ones though
subframe-I'm gunna let this one slide. Simply put...No because you don't have one
this ain't an A2
tranny-again this is according to what year your Roc is. If you have a 5 speed then just use that tranny so you don't have to change axles/spindles and crap like that
anymore questions...just ask.
Jason
edited because I just saw you have an 82. Therefore you don't need to change fuse boxes. Also you SHOULD have a 5 speed so no worries on the tranny.
Also I wrote this a while back because I was sick of answering questions regarding the 16V swap. I've since calmed down but I swear in 2050 when VW launches it's first hovercraft someone is going to ask how to put a 16V into an A1. You can quote me on that
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1071504

Modified by vdubspeed at 9:14 AM 2-15-2004

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.