VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1677 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what is

i have been thinking about redoing my air ride setup and would like to do a hardline setup for everything inside the car, from compressors to tanks from tanks to manifold and use flexible line to the bags but my question is what kind of lines do i use, do i use break lines
I know what to do just unsure of what to do for the plumbing
my current setup

THIS IS MY INSPIRATION

·
Banned
1,777 Posts
Re: what is "Hardlines" (ryanmiller)

if anyone needs any i can get it....family owns a plumbing supply house so like i can get all the fittings anyone would ever need
i did hardline to my rear bags, once i get my car in the garage for the winter all lines will be hardline

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Re: what is "Hardlines" (Hinrichs)

Quote, originally posted by Hinrichs »
if anyone needs any i can get it....family owns a plumbing supply house so like i can get all the fittings anyone would ever need
i did hardline to my rear bags, once i get my car in the garage for the winter all lines will be hardline

i want to see some pics of your lines

·
Banned
1,777 Posts
Re: what is "Hardlines" (Rat4Life)

no pics yet, i only have a small section done of the rear at the moment, havnt felt like working on anything till the cars inside for the winter

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (LBVdubin)

Quote, originally posted by LBVdubin »
that setup looks pretty sweet http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

yeah that does look pretty good but i wanna go for something a little different, maybe a little more organized or possibly more shiny

·
Banned
1,777 Posts
Re: (crippled4life)

ill price up enough fittings and such monday at work to see how much this would cost to run the system on full copper....

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Re: (2slogetta)

Quote, originally posted by 2slogetta »
Thats nuthin-if your shellin for air, just unload a bit more and do it right.

actually it is something if your shelling for air. if you know what you're doing air isnt that expensive at all. and there are many "right" ways to do an air setup http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Re: (Swoops)

Sorry-Mr.Swoops-but we all know Air is sexpensive as he11-there may be cheap ass routes, but in the end-who the crap cares when you spend even over a G-$200 more isnt much. You hear

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Re: (2slogetta)

Quote, originally posted by 2slogetta »
Sorry-Mr.Swoops-but we all know Air is sexpensive as he11-there may be cheap ass routes, but in the end-who the crap cares when you spend even over a G-$200 more isnt much. You hear

well then that comes down to personal preference. i do think spending $200 more when you've spent say $1500 is a big deal when the extra money is for something cosmetic but really its comes down to the buyer

·
Banned
1,777 Posts
Re: (Swoops)

i can swing deals tho with getting things since we own the business everyone....the most expensive part would be the line but copper tubing is down in price right now...i could do this for our cost depending which isnt that much

·
Banned
1,777 Posts
Re: (Oscar33)

got some prices but do it really well i need to know what you guys need for fittings, then i can get an exact price easier than just guessing
a roll of 3/8 line is about 25 for 50 feet and 55 for 100 feet
there are 2 options for benders one being 25 and one being 65
and fittings range from 2 - 5 a piece
pm me with your needs and ill help you guys out, i also have all ptc fittings you need

·
Banned
1,777 Posts
Re: (vdubfiend)

soft copper for that is actually refrigerant line...it comes in rolls only
and its very easy to straighten it out

1 - 20 of 1677 Posts