VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the neuspeed bar and the autotech bar and i understand that they make a tremendous difference in the handling of our cars... are there other manufacturers that make RSB's for the MK4s? did the S3 come with a factory piece that we could somehow acquire? is the R32 coming with one that we could acquire?
just looking for a little insight on the topic, thanks.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Re: What are our Rear sway-bar options? (Mk2Scirocco16v)

your car has a swaybar built in, just hard to see. due to it's permanent design, you ADD another bar to it. on the A3,TT 225, and R32 you REPLACE the original. these cannot be used on your car. you do have phenominal options:
Neuspeed = 25mm or 28mm (i'd pick this one). both have 3 stiffness settings
Autotech = 25mm or 28mm non adjustable. not totally positive they still make both
Shine = similar to the factory, but WAY better
Neuspeed is about the easiest to put on and has very easy adjustments. there's also zero drilling needed

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What are our Rear sway-bar options? (M this 1!)

thanks man... i've never really been much of a fan of neuspeed products but it sounds as if thats the one to get huh?

·
Banned
8,654 Posts

thats what i got and it kicks ass. my car handles infinitely better, and i was able to install it by myself with no trouble

(and i didnt have to drill holes in my car
)

·
Registered
783 Posts

o-bar or obar same design as shine but priced at around $100 and has a warranty (lifetime I think) unlike the Shine which warranty only applies if it is used with the shine springs.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Re: What are our Rear sway-bar options? (SnapDemon)

i'm not a Neuspeed flag waver either, but they do make some stuff VERY well.
their swaybars, and NEW Tanabe built exhausts! simply amazing. swaybar is about a 40min install for the non-mechanic first timer

·
Registered
669 Posts
how does the eibach 22mm front and 25mm rear compare to the neuspeed.
luigi
94 rx7 for sale and 20 ae to be picked up thurs.

·
Registered
992 Posts

I have the Eibach, front and rear, and they are awesome. Compared to my friends ABD which we had together the Eibach looked and felt alot better, his was alot lighter. The car handles like a biatch too http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
EDIT: A little picture for ya

Modified by Wolfsburg 1.8T at 1:39 PM 6-29-2003

1 - 11 of 11 Posts