VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

what are people paying?

3K views 60 replies 31 participants last post by  abeR 
#1 ·
Please chime in people. I might be getting rid of the 04 and going to the 08. Looks like $2000 +$1000 loyalty cash +4.9%/72 months right now on R32's?
Not to mention they aren't selling so I am guessing you should be able to get another $1000 off. $4500 off sticker with 4.9% financing sound about right?
Anyone care to HONESTLY comment on their deal/experience?

#5 ·
Re: what are people paying? (VWNDAHS)

Quote, originally posted by VWNDAHS »
$30.440 with nav. no haggling, but then again my salesman is the best http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif.

Hmm might have to go for that. I am not a big fan of the nav but with the new one coming out it might be worth it not having to run the wires.
They offered me 3k off sticker to start without haggling. I just need to see how close to invoice they will come and hope they don't try to screw me on my trade-in.

#6 ·
Re: what are people paying? (brennok)

Because you have a trade, we really can't help much. You could beat the best deal anyone here ever heard of by $1000, but if they paid you $2000 less than your trade was really worth, you got a worse deal overall.
How much your trade is worth varies by area, time of year, and condition of your particular vehicle among other things.

#7 ·
Re: what are people paying? (Qest)

Case in point-I had a non-nav deal for 29,923 (no VW owner loyalty), but they offered me $2500 less than KBB trade-in for my car.
I just sold the car on Autotrader after listing it for one week for a reasonable amount ($4500 more than their offer) and should be picking My R32 up later this week

#13 ·
Re: what are people paying? (sjc123)

Quote, originally posted by sjc123 »
does that include sales tax? we have to pay 5% here in MA apparently? just been offered 30,719 with nav, but they want the sales tax on top...

If that's directed at me, no, the price i mentioned is NET (pre sales tax, title, licensing, as those vary by state.

#14 ·
Re: what are people paying? (anotherproject)

I was inquiring at a dealer in Seattle today who quoted me 33,900 + tax & lic for a R32 with Nav. Then there was the -$2000 for financing through VW and -$1000 for customer loyalty so that puts it to $30,900 + tax & lic
I checked through the dealer websites a couple of days ago and there were 40+ R32s in stock on dealer lots in the sea/tac area. I'd think you could make a better deal than $30,900?
Does anyone know if there are any other incentives going on the the PNW this month other than customer loyalty and financing cash back?
I could start getting excited about trading in my 2004 R32 if I could get a 2008 w/Nav for under 30k

#15 ·
Re: what are people paying? (fwb)

my dealer said " i will give away one of our cars." My idea of giving away is to start at invoice (or slightly less) and subtract incentives from there. They are not selling mostly because of DSG only.
BTW, everyone I have talked to said DO NOT get the NAV - POS for the money (no touch screen, slow bla bla) and then no CD changer too.

#16 ·
Re: what are people paying? (anotherproject)

Quote, originally posted by anotherproject »
my dealer said " i will give away one of our cars." My idea of giving away is to start at invoice (or slightly less) and subtract incentives from there. They are not selling mostly because of DSG only.
BTW, everyone I have talked to said DO NOT get the NAV - POS for the money (no touch screen, slow bla bla) and then no CD changer too.

Correct, given the current glut of cars they should be subtracting from invoice.
The Nav isn't bad. Currently I have two new toyotas with touch screen nav, and a handful of garmins, the R32 nav isn't touch screen, so i find it's more reponsive then my toyotas and doesn't get dirty - it also displays in the MFD which is wonderful. If you need a cd changer then don't get it. If you've got an ipod, then try it out. I'm still not sure what everyone's golden standard is, for me it's MMI, so it's not worth b*tching about the current stock nav unless there's a real option we're getting MMI in vag products (which we're not any time soon).

#17 ·
Re: what are people paying? (VWNDAHS)

Quote »

$30.440 with nav. no haggling, but then again my salesman is the best .

Who was your Sales guy, and at which dealership? I'm in San Diego also and looking to buy in the next couple weeks.
The funny thing is, I requested quotes from 4 dealers through Edmunds, and only 1 (Drew) even got back to me. They wanted full MSRP too. LOL, riiiiight.

Modified by PBSurfRider at 4:47 PM 3-28-2008

#20 ·
MelsM3, funny that the dealer I go to. I was looking at a 04 R32 but it was almost the same price to get a new one and that was at the sticker with all the loyalty money off. Did you get 5k off including the customer loyalty?

#21 ·
Re: what are people paying? (clashboard)

If anyone in the Bay Area is ready to move - here is the deal for any Nav R32 in stock:
MSRP: 35,440
Dealer invoice: $34,009
Sale price: $33,000
VW Credit Cash: $2,000 ( off sale price)
VW Loyalty rebate: $1,000
Final price: $30,000 plus tax and license
72 months loanwith no money down: $530 per month including tax and fees.
Call me.

#22 ·
Re: what are people paying? (mico)

Quote, originally posted by mico »
If anyone in the Bay Area is ready to move - here is the deal for any Nav R32 in stock:
MSRP: 35,440
Dealer invoice: $34,009
Sale price: $33,000
VW Credit Cash: $2,000 ( off sale price)
VW Loyalty rebate: $1,000
Final price: $30,000 plus tax and license
72 months loanwith no money down: $530 per month including tax and fees.
Call me.
True Dealer Invoice: $33,522
Dealer Holdback: 2% Of The Base MSRP

Modified by MelsM3 at 7:54 AM 3-30-2008

#23 ·
Re: what are people paying? (brennok)

Quote, originally posted by brennok »

Hmm might have to go for that. I am not a big fan of the nav but with the new one coming out it might be worth it not having to run the wires.
They offered me 3k off sticker to start without haggling. I just need to see how close to invoice they will come and hope they don't try to screw me on my trade-in.
Are you talking about Reeves in Tampa?

Their management and used car department plays games and tried to screw me!
$2,000 off [IF I financed through VW Credit], $1,000 off [IF I previously owned a VW] AND... "WE HAVE TO TAKE YOUR USED VEHICLE IN TRADE".
Instead of giving me the Trade In Price of $15,000... They were going to give me the WHOLESALE Price of only $10,000!!!!
THAT IS TOTAL B*LL SH*T! http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

They also knew, that ten years ago I had bought a $45,000 BMW from them!!!!

Modified by MelsM3 at 8:11 AM 3-30-2008

#24 ·
Re: what are people paying? (MelsM3)

The best deal
$6k off
ealer was giving $5k cash on R32's plus I got $1k in VW loyalty money.... Raleigh NC
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3760668
Quote, originally posted by Low J. »

My local dealer was giving $5k cash on R32's plus I got $1k in VW loyalty money. Made things very nice however they only had 2 in stock....the other was being driven as a demo by the sales manager so I didn't want that one.....

Modified by Tampavw at 8:58 AM 3-30-2008

#26 ·
Re: what are people paying? (spiderman02)

$29,100 with no nav
I took the following advice from fellow texer's, and got a price I was happy with:
a) Go to a dealer with more R's in stock.
b) Try different VW locations to get a better trade in price for your car.
c) Start at invoice and subtract all the deals from there.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.