VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one?? im going to be pulling mine soon and just wanted to know what to look for. i have a weird cold start problem where it fires up fine but then when i try to drive it it just bogs down and no response
some times when i shut it off and back on it will work good or if i let it idle longer you can hear the o2 sensor kick on and then engine runs smoothly and normal

motronic 16v
92 2.0l

·
Registered
18,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: what are signs of bad injectors and injector seals? (LO-vw)

bump

·
Registered
623 Posts
Re: what are signs of bad injectors and injector seals? (LO-vw)

Mine will get a pretty good miss at idle if the injector o-rings are shot. Bad injectors can cause all sorts of problems. Bad idle, miss in different parts in the rev band. They can also leak down at shutoff and cause funny starting problems. These are just a few of the problems. O-rings are cheap, so just replace them. A good VW shop should have a way to clean the injectors if they are not too bad.

·
Registered
18,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like alot of my problems right there.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
careful though when replacing your injectors...
i pulled mine today (i have an 88 digi 8v w/ 150k on the clock) and the orings were in really sad shape.
the rings that went into my fuel rail were fine, but the ones that go into the block weren't....
on each side of those there is a little plastic ring that keeps it in place.... one of mine was broken.
but bosche has redesigned them, and those plastic rings can't be found, and they're not part of the injector bushing repair kit, and they're also not listed in any version of ETKA for the past few years.
i looked at a photo of what new ones are supposed to look like... and they're a diff design and don't have those plastic rings anymore.
so. long story short. tomorrow i will be picking up 4 new injectors shipped from cali overnight so i can get my car running again.
good luck.
naterkane.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts