VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post up some examples.
I have never seen a BMW 335D outside a dealership. Took me until last week to see my first new GTR ever. It was on the road but I had never seen one anywhere before.
Have never seen a Lotus on the road

Have never seen a Bugatti Veyron. Have never seen a Lamborghini Diablo. Have never seen a Ferrari F40, F50 or Enzo. I could go on....

As for regular sort of cars. I have seen maybe 3 or 4 Scions. Have never seen a BMW Z8. Have seen only 2 R32 Golfs. Might have been the same one seen twice.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Re: What are some examples of cars that you have never/rarely seen in person (mobile363)

Have never seen a McLaren F1 of any variety.

Though since I'm in LA, I see a pretty good variety of cars around — especially since I go to Cars & Coffee and Supercar Sunday when I get the chance.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Re: What are some examples of cars that you have never/rarely seen in person (mobile363)

As far as fairly common cars go, I have not seen a 1 series BMW in the wield, and only 2 or 3 Audi A3s. I hardly ever see the late 90's Toyota Solaras anywhere either. I saw a very clean one today and it reminded me that they used to be a nice coupe alternative to a Camry until they uglified them.

·
Registered
11,109 Posts

Never seen a Cadillac Cimarron... I feel left out.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Re: What are some examples of cars that you have never/rarely seen in person (a1veedubber)

I have never seen a McLaren F1, an Enzo, a Murci or Reventon, a Veyron and those super exotics like a Pagani.
As for more common cars, I have never seen a Chevy Traverse, or a new equinox in person, Never Seen a Mitsu Lancer Hatch.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Re: What are some examples of cars that you have never/rarely seen in person (Sportero)

I've never seen a rusted hood, or stance/stretch/poke/flush fitment on a car outside of the vortex.

·
Registered
19,201 Posts

I rarely see VW Phaetons. Maybe 3 ever in the US.
I rarely see Chryslers now other than 300C's.
I have never seen a Ferrari 250GTO. My favourite car ever.

I see Exige's on a regular basis. There is a girl I see almost every week in one on the highway. I assume it's her daily driver. Neat, huh ?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts

I've rarely seen any A/S5's...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Re: What are some examples of cars that you have never/rarely seen in person (Live-Wire)

Quote, originally posted by Live-Wire »
Never seen a Cadillac Cimarron... I feel left out.

My friend had one of those 10 years ago. I told him that the Catera is the modern Cimarron.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Re: What are some examples of cars that you have never/rarely seen in person (Merc-MarkO)

Quote, originally posted by Merc-MarkO »
I rarely see VW Phaetons. Maybe 3 ever

I've only ever seen two also, and have never witnessed a Lotus Elise/Exige on a public road, way only trailers?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Re: What are some examples of cars that you have never/rarely seen in person (IaMsUpErMaN)

pagani zonda. only seen one on the road. i was quite surprised how big that car was...

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Apart the McLaren F1 and the Reventon, I've seen pretty much every other supercar out there.

·
Registered
13,601 Posts
1. Veyron
2. GT3 RS
3. MB Mclaren
4. Vette Z06
I have seen
Enzo
Lambo (all makes including SV)
mostly all ferrari's
pretty much all aston's

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Re: (dieselraver)

This is a hard question to answer since there are so many. I have seen several R8's, GT3's, Lamborghini's, Lotus's. All of the above have been sat in also

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
FV-QR

Never seen a Veyron, Reventon or a Zonda. Pretty much everything else though.
I've only ever seen one McMerc and one F1. Seen a Lotus 340R too - not many of those about!
Ooh, and I saw a Maserati MC12 in the local Ferrari showrom sitting next to an F40. That was pretty cool.
Other Lambos, Lotii, Astons etc are pretty common.

Modified by MikkiJayne at 11:09 PM 4/18/2010

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Audi A5s. Rarer than the S5, around here at least!
I see Maseratis almost daily, Loti are fairly common, as are Lambo, Porsche and Bentleys. I hardly ever see a Ferrari though.
Living in a rich Ohio suburb... FTW? Well, maybe not.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts

I've seen a few Mclaren's, still to this day have not seen a veyron, or a 288 GTO
Also I have never seen one of these in world rally blue

1 - 20 of 45 Posts