VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my b6 passat, been on the 'tex now since 2001 when I was first introduced to the VW community, I was always eager to start modding, but since this is my wifes car I am going to take it slow and start off with a few sublte mods. My buddy is going to tint the windows this weekend, and since our passat is UG i decided to go with 20% all the way around...what are some of the first mods you did to your b6?
Pics this weekend of my passat
here is my audi b6 1.8t(before winter mode)

my gti 1.8t

my jetta tdi (excuse jkrew lol)

my jetta 1.8t

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
damn, you really like dubs.
All I did so far was 4300k hid kit, yellow fog lights, smoked corner turn signals, 5% tint all around, and some small stuff like hard wired radar detector and hard wired GPS.
I have in the garage waiting for summer 18 inch rs4 reps and chrome mirror housings. Soon, I'll drop it also on some springs.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (VWFSIB6)

Quote, originally posted by VWFSIB6 »
damn, you really like dubs.
All I did so far was 4300k hid kit, yellow fog lights, smoked corner turn signals, 5% tint all around, and some small stuff like hard wired radar detector and hard wired GPS.
I have in the garage waiting for summer 18 inch rs4 reps and chrome mirror housings. Soon, I'll drop it also on some springs.

how hard was the wiring for the hid kit? i can't stand halogens, and unfortunately thats what I have to deal with in the passat....
and man, why are the clear/smoked turn signals so darn expensive...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Re: (GT17V)

-13% tint
-VAG-COMed remote window operation and removed the seat belt warning chime - also turned on the coming/leaving home features and turned the steering assist down to zero
-red leds in the ceiling console a-la mkv jetta and more expensive passats
-APR 93 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

If I do any more it will be:
-sound deadening material in the doors and rear deck
-rear sway bar
-TIRES! - Michelin stockers bite
-downpipe and APR stage II

Modified by mrshl13 at 9:20 AM 1-16-2008

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
These were done within the first 6 months of ownership. Probably a little different than other Passat owners, but the performance of this car is outstanding.
1. GIAC
2. Tint
3. Wheels (19" Look Great on this Car)
4. Exhaust
Since then (14 months)...
5. Forge DV & Spacer, EJ PCV Fix (Reliability Issues with OEM Parts)
6. Intercooler Piping
7. Intake
8. Rear Sway Bar (Definitely Recommended)
9. HID Kit (from RafaGolfBr...great deals on these though this member)
10. Springs (not on car yet)
11. MFSW w/ Paddles (in transit hopefully)
12. Fog Lights (not on car yet)
If your not so much into the performance aspect of the car (judging by the IC on the Audi, I'm guessing this must play at least some aspect, but...), I would at least recommend a chip (once warranty is up if that matters to you) and a RSB in addition to a suspension. Congrats on the new B6, and your old Audi B6 is beautiful.http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by rbradleymedmd at 9:27 AM 1-16-2008

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm not doing any performance mods to this car, the 2.0t stock is pretty peppy..lol
I would like to do an HID kit, what is everyone using for those? I'd like to see what kind of setup as I hate halogens...and springs/shocks are def. coming and then some staggered 18's or 19's in the spring

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Re: (EuroShowOff)

Quote, originally posted by EuroShowOff »
I would like to do an HID kit, what is everyone using for those?

I would contact RafaGolfBr on here for more information. I (and I think numerous other members) have bought a H7 6000k HID drop-in kit off him about 3 months ago and I have nothing but good things to say about them. Even my VW dealer (which is joined to a BMW dealer) says they are better looking than any of the OEM set-ups on their lot (BMW included).

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Load list from first until now
EVOMS intake/engine cover 3k
GIAC chip 6k
Ecode DV, tips, removed res 6.5k
Tires..
Koni FSD/Eibach Springs 8k
ATP DP 11k
Short shifter, RSB, Forge FMIC,
ASA AR1 wheels.
Something like that.. oh and smoked sidemarkers, doord sills, boost guauge, Steering wheel cap, gorilla mats,
JT

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Thanks, Im very happy with it now.. but there are a couple of more things that need to be done.
Your passat is almost there as well. Springs will help.
Euroshowoff,
You have to do a chip at least. Your going to need all the extra torque to spin those 19s your getting

JT

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: (x9t)

Just today I completed the second mod to my Passat; the second cargo hook in the trunk mod. I can now have shopping bags hanging from four hooks instead of the stock two! The wife approved of this mod, as she did the first mod I did which was to put tint on the car.

Next up:
Ipod adaptor
Bluetooth module (to make the phone button work)
K&N Intake
Chipmod (it's all about the horses)
Possible DV and/or blow-off valve (since the chip mod will add some pressure)
Possible suspension mod (coil-overs, perhaps?)
I'll probably stop there until the car gets a lot older (read: not my main driver). For now, I want the car to get a little more peppy (those damned Camry's can kick my ass), but I don't want to go overboard.
And no, I don't race, but every now and then, it's nice to pull onto the freeway and just hit it when it's clear, if only for a few seconds. I love acceleration and handling!

Modified by EdgePassat at 8:28 PM 1-16-2008

·
Registered
637 Posts
Re: What are some of the first few mods you did? (EuroShowOff)

Hella tinted tails and smoked front turn signals make a very noticeable difference (the tinted tails incorporate amber LED indicators and throw a more attractive pattern) both installs were easy.
Painted the brake calipers, again very easy
added the warning triangle and an extra grocery hook in the trunk
monster mats

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Oh yeah i got the second hook mod to.. i love those hooks..
JT

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: (x9t)

how hard was it to install the drop in HID kit?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: (EdgePassat)

Quote, originally posted by EdgePassat »
the second cargo hook in the trunk mod.

That will probably be my first mod, too.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Re: (EuroShowOff)

Quote, originally posted by EuroShowOff »
how hard was it to install the drop in HID kit?

Depends on what type of Projector Housing you have in the car...
Valeo...20 Minutes
Hella...30 Minutes
Hella lights you will have to cut the clip holding the bulb slightly. Other than that it's extremely cut and dry...and you will have to have VagCom to adjust the lighting system to the correct settings.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how do i know which ones i have? and how much do the hid drop in kits run?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts