VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas for my wife. She just got a nice purse, and I did some nice/expensive jewelry earlier this year. Those are generally my two go-tos, and I'm a bit lost. Thinking of buying her one of those stupid Canada Goose jackets that are all the rage, but holy Christ a Bave is a lot of money for a jacket.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Looking for ideas for my wife. She just got a nice purse, and I did some nice/expensive jewelry earlier this year. Those are generally my two go-tos, and I'm a bit lost. Thinking of buying her one of those stupid Canada Goose jackets that are all the rage, but holy Christ a Bave is a lot of money for a jacket.
December 1 - February 15, the best time of the year NOT to have a SO. What am I going to buy myself this year?

·
Registered
11,283 Posts
What am I going to buy myself this year?
A person that plays with your privates, that's what. :)

Stack - This is Xmas #28 with the misses, I'm kinda stumped myself. Thinking of a spa day gift cert... at a resort in a warm place, with lots of nice drinks poolside for me.

·
Registered
16,281 Posts
her birthday is a month before Christmas so have to space them out accordingly. she's hinted at a shiny metal ring for her left hand... so I'm buying her a set of brakes for her Outback.

:D

·
Premium Member
5,960 Posts
I have no idea either. We've been together since 1991, so you think I would.

I hate this time of year

December - holidays
February - Valentine's Day
April - her birthday
May - Mother's Day

then I get a break until December....

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A person that plays with your privates, that's what. :)

Stack - This is Xmas #28 with the misses, I'm kinda stumped myself. Thinking of a spa day gift cert... at a resort in a warm place, with lots of nice drinks poolside for me.
We're giving the kids a trip to Disney for Christmas (in February) and she and I just took a nice vacation alone together in September, so we're kinda done with trips for the year already. We are doing a weekend away at the Kohler spa in December with friends, might make sense to give her a little mini-spa day getaway while we are there as an early present. :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,576 Posts
Some pillows (for sleeping) and set of decent binoculars, probably Nikon (currently researching but feel free to chime in if anyone has any good suggestions)

·
Registered
11,283 Posts
I have no idea either. We've been together since 1991, so you think I would.

I hate this time of year

December - holidays
February - Valentine's Day
April - her birthday
May - Mother's Day

then I get a break until December....
For me...my wife's birthday and Mothers Day happen in the same week (sometimes the same day) which is both a curse and benefit at the same time.

·
Registered
23,267 Posts
Yeah, Mrs. DonL was curious about those jackets, too, and noped right out after hearing the prices. Even if I ever got one as a gift for her, she'd be ticked that I spent that kind of money.

Her birthday is 01/02, so the giving just kinda stretches between Christmas and her birthday. I got her a spa day at a nice place locally, and she never went, even after I got one of her friends' husbands to buy her friend a spa day so they could go together. Neither of them went. Go figure. :screwy:

·
Just Going with the FLO.
2,245 Posts
5 gallon Yeti bucket......

srsly we're not buying anything cause Garaj Mahal but I'm thinking of offering gas fireplace insert cause I'll be getting the pellet stove for garage. Mostly for looks and she'll be able to sit in front of fire and only work will be turning on switch.

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,172 Posts
Wife and I don't really do gifts back and forth. If there is something the two of us want for the house we'll usually do that. We spend on the kids and immediate family. For the most part when either one of us wants something we just get it, so the gifting thing is sort of silly.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wife and I don't really do gifts back and forth. If there is something the two of us want for the house we'll usually do that. We spend on the kids and immediate family. For the most part when either one of us wants something we just get it, so the gifting thing is sort of silly.
We kinda alternate. A lot of times we give each other a trip for a present (usually anniversary). Other times, it's an excuse to buy something for the other that is ridiculous that we couldn't ordinarily justify spending the money on. She's getting me a fancy $$$ cooler that I am buying this weekend, I'll bring it home, give it to her to slap a bow on and give back to me. I'd never go buy it just because, but because social convention says we give each other gifts, it's a good time to get something expensive and justify that way. :bs::laugh:

·
Banned
13,776 Posts
Same thing we do every year.
Nothing.
It has made life so much better.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
My Wife's Birthday was last week, so I normally buy her Birthday and Christmas gifts at the same time. This year I got her some expensive curling iron thing she wants, a white gold bracelet, a pair of earrings, and a gift card to one of those Broad only makeup stores.

I really hate exchanging gifts with my Wife's family because it's such a pain in the ass to put a list together of things you want that are around $50-$75. I will probably get my annual pair of gym shoes from my BIL :laugh:

I say if you can't figure out what to get her, just get a gift card, so she can buy that overpriced jacket. Then again most women do not find that intimate or romantic, but what do I know. I may or may not have bought my Wife an appliance one year for Christmas.:biggrinsanta:

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
Bought her a Q3, so I'm done.

She sent me some little things so she'll have something to open on Christmas morning.

I have a ton in my Amazon wishlists, so she has options for me.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
For the person who plays with your privates? Maybe some sort of adult toy gift then?

her birthday is a month before Christmas so have to space them out accordingly. she's hinted at a shiny metal ring for her left hand... so I'm buying her a set of brakes for her Outback.

:D
Don't forget to use brake clean on the shiny rotors otherwise she could get her left hand all smelly oily wearing them. :)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts