VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (zaberayx)

Quote, originally posted by zaberayx »
i would love to know myself.. But i can tell you one thing that turbo at 24 psi is sick.....i am also running water meth and couple other stuff......see full boost at 3700 RPMS.
have you gone to the track in your car yet?
What psi do you run daily?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

No track time yet.. But low boost 16 high 24 and i have me a built motor so 24 could be daily but i just like 16 at low lol
yea i will be running IE rods in stock pistons on my AWP and eventually want to do 30psi

·
Registered
14,374 Posts

No track time yet.. But low boost 16 high 24 and i have me a built motor so 24 could be daily but i just like 16 at low lol

ran daily at 24psi on a 57 trim for over 10k miles on pump. Best whp was 350 and best trap speed was 116mph.. On crap revo, zero tuning didn't even have vag-com

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (O2VW1.8T)

Quote, originally posted by O2VW1.8T »

ran daily at 24psi on a 57 trim for over 10k miles on pump. Best whp was 350 and best trap speed was 116mph.. On crap revo, zero tuning didn't even have vag-com
lol in your opinion do you think the unitronic software if you had it would have gotten you better numbers on your t3/t4?

·
Registered
14,374 Posts
Re: (autobahn1.8t)

Quote, originally posted by autobahn1.8t »
lol in your opinion do you think the unitronic software if you had it would have gotten you better numbers on your t3/t4?

I would bet, My set-up was all ghetto back then. Im surprised it een made that much HP

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I would bet, My set-up was all ghetto back then. Im surprised it een made that much HP
i have a couple of your old videos you made back then on my cpu. What was you 1/4 mile time just curious? Also i know the 57 trim is larger then the 50 trim but which one is a better turbo for a street/ocasional track car?

·
Registered
14,374 Posts

i have a couple of your old videos you made back then on my cpu. What was you 1/4 mile time just curious? Also i know the 57 trim is larger then the 50 trim but which one is a better turbo for a street/ocasional track car?

12.7 i think was the best on 205/50/15 old bfg drag radials. I would stay 50 trim my 57 trim surged very bad

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

12.7 i think was the best on 205/50/15 old bfg drag radials. I would stay 50 trim my 57 trim surged very bad
thats not a bad time i would be happy if i get 12.5 at 120+ mph

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (inivid)

Quote, originally posted by inivid »
I'd like to see some .50 trim / Unitronic 630cc numbers. With all of these 3071s and 3076s making numbers, I nearly forgot about .50 trims.
haha yea i couldnt justify spending 1500.00 on a turbo when I can make "similiar" power on a 50 trim
for half the price... Its almost like a dying break in the 1.8t world lol

·
Registered
14,374 Posts

haha yea i couldnt justify spending 1500.00 on a turbo when I can make "similiar" power on a 50 trim
for half the price... Its almost like a dying break in the 1.8t world lol

When you drive a Big turbo DBB you will understand... My 35r was instant respool and my 57 trim i had to wait for it to respool

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

When you drive a Big turbo DBB you will understand... My 35r was instant respool and my 57 trim i had to wait for it to respool
yea i know what you mean http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif lol
nah my car is going to be a daily drive and i need to save a little bit of money for a new condo but im willing to sacrifice a few rpm for 1300.00 lol...plus im going to have a sick fast spooling manifold that im having made as we speak
so it wont really matter

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

yeah you will love it anyways. big step from a ko3
yea my K03s is just about blown so im in need of a new turbo so i might as well go big or go home....besides i got to beat my honda and evo friends
im looking foward to BT

·
Registered
11,186 Posts

yea i know what you mean http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif lol
nah my car is going to be a daily drive and i need to save a little bit of money for a new condo but im willing to sacrifice a few rpm for 1300.00 lol...plus im going to have a sick fast spooling manifold that im having made as we speak
so it wont really matter

someone is filling you mad BS about your manifold and whoever says that 50 trim spools by 3700 to 24psi is full of crap unless they run a lot of motor mods like a 2.0 with oversized valves...I ran this turbo on my car, it was a lot of fun, will I use it over any comparably sized GT series, fark no, you will understand the first time you get smoked by an evo, now those turbo's spool @ 3700rpm to 30psi and are tons of fun to drive...

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (18T_BT)

Quote, originally posted by 18T_BT »

someone is filling you mad BS about your manifold and whoever says that 50 trim spools by 3700 to 24psi is full of crap unless they run a lot of motor mods like a 2.0 with oversized valves...I ran this turbo on my car, it was a lot of fun, will I use it over any comparably sized GT series, fark no, you will understand the first time you get smoked by an evo, now those turbo's spool @ 3700rpm to 30psi and are tons of fun to drive...
i never said anything about 3700 rpm i just said im having a custom mani being built that will help with my spool time...idk where u got that assupmtion

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.