VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS SUSPENSION SETUP ????

ok, so im looking at buying ebachs pro kit 1.2drop and ebach pro dampers...total for that would be $650......friend is selling his factory sport suspension from his 01 jetta for under $100 that would included springs and struts w/ less then 2000miles. is that the same suspension that came on my 00 jetta ?>? or would it better to spend the extra $$$ on the ebach setup ? OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS !!!! thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
personally i wouldnt spend 700$ ... others would. No the sport suspension is not the same as yours, its like 10% stiffer. what im doing is using the VW sport struts and putting eibach springs on them, to give me a 1.8" drop .. total will be like 400$ installed
190$ for springs, 100$ for struts, 100$ for install

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Re: (silverbora4)

700 sounds quite pricey for that setup. I would go with H&R Sports and Bilstien sports for that price.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Nessal)

thats what i thought! i called a local performance shop and they wanted 600 for ebach pro springs and tokico shocks... total w/ install they said would be $1200...... which i think is alittle insane! then i checked tirerack w/ the ebach pro springs and dampers for 700 shipped + whateva for install..... might just buy friends 02 sport suspension for $100 and see if i like that.... i just dont want to spend an insane amount to be unhappy w/ performance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts