VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to register for an Auto X next weekend but I can't figure out what class I'll be in based on the Mods I have. I don't plan on making points for a season ar anything I just wanna drive and work and all that..
I figure I'm in FSP because in the rules it says I can update and backdate parts from all cars on the same line in the list of cars. The 2.0 A3's are in FSP as well and I have a 95 2.0L Block in my A2. It also says I have to use the parts as a unit and I can't use just a -<part>- of an engine transaxle or whatever. Would this mean I'd need the whole ABA motor head and all or can I use Just the block and still fit into FSP?
What if I install an aftermarket cam?
Do you think I'f I told them I was using parts that disqualify me and I Just want to run and see my times next to the other FSP cars but not recieve any points.. do you think they'd allow that?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Re: What AutoX class am I In? (citat3962)

Quote, originally posted by citat3962 »
I'm trying to register for an Auto X next weekend but I can't figure out what class I'll be in based on the Mods I have. I don't plan on making points for a season ar anything I just wanna drive and work and all that..
I figure I'm in FSP because in the rules it says I can update and backdate parts from all cars on the same line in the list of cars. The 2.0 A3's are in FSP as well and I have a 95 2.0L Block in my A2. It also says I have to use the parts as a unit and I can't use just a -<part>- of an engine transaxle or whatever. Would this mean I'd need the whole ABA motor head and all or can I use Just the block and still fit into FSP?
What if I install an aftermarket cam?
Do you think I'f I told them I was using parts that disqualify me and I Just want to run and see my times next to the other FSP cars but not recieve any points.. do you think they'd allow that?

1st: the A2 cars and A3 cars are of different lines, so no swapping between. Go to SM or DM (? on DM, may be EM)
2nd: as a unit, that means the entire engine (valve cover to oil pan)
3d: Swap cam, go to Prepared or Mod.
Run the appropriate class, and do your own comparisons at the end of the day, as if you run an illegal car in a class and beat out a legal car, that person has lost the benifit of a level playing field.
Best fit would be SM (street mod).
Peace,
Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts