VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
3,090 Posts
Re: What can happen if you get stoped for racing? (LinuxJosh)

hope you brought your flame suit....people on here don't take kindly to the street racin folk.
depends on the state.. either way your gonna get a huge fine and/or your liscense suspended.
edit: you beat me to it

[Modified by amarshall, 7:18 PM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
11,567 Posts

PA:
can get your license revoked
car impounded (and given back when you pay fine)
huge ticket
will more likely than not fight it off with a half-decent lawyer
another "interesting" fact is that you can get your license suspended and car impounded for WATCHING a street race-like all the morons in the F&F who were blocking off the street would not have their cars anymore.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: What can happen if you get stoped for racing? (mad8vskillz)

well I wasn't out looking for a race I was just driving and I had a long day and I just look off as did the guy next to me.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Re: What can happen if you get stoped for racing? (mad8vskillz)

quote:[HR][/HR]
another "interesting" fact is that you can get your license suspended and car impounded for WATCHING a street race-like all the morons in the F&F who were blocking off the street would not have their cars anymore.[HR][/HR]​
yeah, here they can give you an "illegal assembly" ticket

·
Registered
980 Posts
Re: What can happen if you get stoped for racing? (garbage)

I recall cities in California enacticing their own ordinances that slap additional fines and possible seizure of vehicles involved. Not sure if they ever did this, but San Jose was talking about it..
I'll spare most of the finger-wagging, even though I firmly believe that racing belongs on the track.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts

You sit in the back of the cop car whle the mobile car crusher is summoned, then you get to watch as your car is reduced to a 3'X3' metal cube, your license is shredded and you become a pedestrian for life.
In a perfect world anyway

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Re: What can happen if you get stoped for racing? (pallison14)

quote:[HR][/HR]I recall cities in California enacticing their own ordinances that slap additional fines and possible seizure of vehicles involved. Not sure if they ever did this, but San Jose was talking about it..
I'll spare most of the finger-wagging, even though I firmly believe that racing belongs on the track. [HR][/HR]​
san jose? that's not good.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Re: What can happen if you get stoped for racing? (DohRado)

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I recall some news coverage about the increase in street racing right after Fast & Furious was released. San Jose apparently saw some insane jump in the number of street racing/side shows, and was proposing fairly strict ordinances. I specifically recall one of the key points was the seizure of the automobile.
Anyhow, I'm not sure if this ever saw the light of day. Even if they don't like street racing/racers, I think a majority of the population would agree that property seizure and auction is too harsh of a penalty.
quote:[HR][/HR]
san jose? that's not good.[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
2,360 Posts

In Dallas, they pull up to the street races, turn on their lights, and everyone goes to a different spot. Then the show up and do it again.. and again... and again...
Once I got caught in a small sting where they blocked us in on all sides. They just checked everyones licenses for a warrants and gave everyone a speech.
Matt

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: What can happen if you get stoped for racing? (Gelly)

Here in Jersey I got into a race with a cop! He was behind me flashing his highs, so I thought it was someone who wanted to race. I started speeding up but he stuck to my a$$. Then the lights went on and I pulled over. I got all my info ready and he walked up to my car and said "Listen buddy, you're not going to beat me. Slow it down, OK?" And then walked back to his car and drove off. Talk about luck.
Then another time I was on Rt 46 and I got caught doing 135 in a 45 racing a Camaro. Cop just said "Give me your f-ing papers!" I got a 6 point ticket with a $233 fine. I guess he was just being nice...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.