VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the topic says, i have seen the stuff advertised the in sa and i even went as far as to contact some inport export companies and research the SA governments trade bureus. Let me know what you can do. Might be a good business opportunity.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Re: what can you guys in SA get for my mk1 gti and gli? (xjronx)

xjronx,
Any pics of your car? Only problem is that left-hand cars are a bit of a problem as the government outlawed leht-hand drive imports 2 - 3 years ago. You can only import those cars if you have a valid reason, i.e. medical reasons like your left/right arm was amputated and you drive with a specially-designed steering wheel which only works on left-hand drive vehicle.
Supply more info and I will try to advertise here for you...

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: what can you guys in SA get for my mk1 gti and gli? (badboyz_volkswagen)

well i was driving a caddy, and working on a gti g60, but the project was coming slow, until i wrecked my caddy
, and i bought a gli for a daily driver, its an 84 and in poor shape paint and engine wise , but the interior is pretty nice and the rust is minimal, i spent all day monday stripping it and priming it, so now i'm rolling around in black primer. can you get rear wings for the a1 jettas?Am i mistaken or do you drive an audi?

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Re: what can you guys in SA get for my mk1 gti and gli? (xjronx)

xjronx,
Yes A1 Jetta parts are in full production in South Africa as we VW still manufactured it until a few years ago and was called the VW Fox. The Mk1 Golf is still in production and is called the CitiGolf. So getting you panels or anything for Mk1 is very easy to find.
No, I drive a Jetta Mk3 VR6...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: what can you guys in SA get for my mk1 gti and gli? (badboyz_volkswagen)

Badboyz ,
What part of SA are you in I just spent a month in Namibia .Just got back about 6 weeks ago ..I love your continent and Iv never seen so many golfs in one place .Like 80% of the vehicles in Windoeck were golfs ....I plan to visit the cape mabey next winter.(your winter) . Email me anytime [email protected]

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Re: what can you guys in SA get for my mk1 gti and gli? (Hybridjettamutt)

Hybridjettamutt,
Yep cool! I live in Cape Town South Africa. Been here all my life. Have travelled a bit but still love the Cape
If you coming over in winter be prepared for a really wet winter and cold climatic conditions. Snowfall happens only on mountain range

Yes, plenty of VW's around. Especially in Namibia where VW has some testing grounds for new models. You can spot plenty of German registered cars there. Windhoek used to be a German haven for holiday-seekers....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.