VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
21,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a college student and also a VW enthusiast, the mk3 jetta 2.0 has worked out great for me. It has room for all the crap that i have to carry around when i move in and move out, room for my freinds, a classy looking interior (especially for a 96) and its good on gas and fun to drive and mod.
But as far as making power goes its just not cutting it and for the effort in a vr6 or 1.8t swap i still have dents and dings and drum brakes etc etc etc.
I was planning on getting a loan and buying a 20th AE GTI (black magic pearl) when i graduated college, but also the idea of a 98ish audi S4 is also appealling. I need something professional yet something i can mod and be fast in. I think the s4 has my vote, whats everyone else think ?
Chad

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
Re: what car do you see yourself driving later down the road ? (ChadMk3)

hopefully by august ill be pimpin a JB or IY 20th....maybe someday an R32 but ill prolly just stay with the 20th....

·
Registered
16,611 Posts
Re: what car do you see yourself driving later down the road ? (EffRyeGoGTI)

I must say the WRX has been calling me lately. The STi is out of my price range but the regular WRX looks like it can be had pretty reasonable these days.

·
Banned
4,766 Posts
Re: what car do you see yourself driving later down the road ? (shftat6)

s4. m3. r32. mkiv 1.8t. passat wagon. tuoreg (SP) or cayenne....a4 avant.....

·
Registered
241 Posts

I'd say a lot of it is what you can afford at that particular moment in your life. I would love an R32, and since I just totaled my 99 GTI VR6, now would theoretically be the time to go ahead and get one. However, I can't drop close to 30 grand on anything right now, so I'm buying another Mk3 VR6...

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
later on down the road i will have either....but probably both.....
- slammed passat/audi wagon
- mk1/mk3 cabrio/cabriolet......slammed

·
Registered
14,012 Posts
Re: what car do you see yourself driving later down the road ? (alpine4me)

I am going to Do either an MK4 Konigseeder widebody GTi next or an S4 Avant. Those are my next addictions...Probably after next year...
2005 Red Sled is finished.
Patrick

·
Registered
6,814 Posts

The last set of wheels will be a hearse..yah..a big black one

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Re: what car do you see yourself driving later down the road ? (VW97Jetta)

I can see myself rockin a Audi S4 Avant wagon...Stick,dropped, and everything in the world done to it.
With baby recaro carseats in the back...
But that's all in the matter of finding a decent husband whos game for that....and having kids someday?
Or a 3rd generation twin turbo Rx-7

·
Registered
1,761 Posts

and about the S4 http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif , they are EXTREMELY unrealiable. turbos break ALL the time, it costs 3-6k for reparing the whole set up
, a 20th AE 1.8t would be much more cost effective, lower miles, and still very fast. plus its a VW

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Re: what car do you see yourself driving later down the road ? (punkassjim)

I would get a Black 2.0 Golf. SCREW VR6!!!! Nah just kiddin it would be my firsrt car and i dont want high insurance going to college. Need to money for parties http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
If I'm rich I'll get a S4. If I'm semi rich I would get either a Sti or EVO. Sorry R32 and more other mk4 cars is too fat for my taste. When VW comes out with a light 4WD car then will I consider buying a new VW.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts