VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 1997 GTI VR6 DE and it has been totalled :-/ and I am now in the marker for a new car. I am looking for preferably a four door car, maybe a Mazdaspeed Protege or WRX for under $20k used, and it has to be in th 14's in the quarter mile stock. High 14's is fine. I am jsut looking for something with a little bit of speed to it stock and has some potential. I am jsut beginning to get in the market right now. I am big on interior, I would love to have leather interior but is not absolutely needed but highly prefered. I ask here because I have found that there is no other forums like the VWvortex. I have been to everywhere on the net for every kind of car and have found that there is no one board I have ever come across that can match the amount of people and the amount of imput we have here. And the way the forum is setu is jsut so much better than anywhere else! Anyways, Thanks guys, let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Re: What car to replace my Golf? 4 door cars..... (SooprmanX)

Quote, originally posted by SooprmanX »
I ask here because I have found that there is no other forums like the VWvortex. I have been to everywhere on the net for every kind of car and have found that there is no one board I have ever come across that can match the amount of people and the amount of imput we have here. And the way the forum is setu is jsut so much better than anywhere else!

Ain't that the truth...
Anyhow, back to your next car. If your choices are Protege and WRX, I say Subie, no doubt. I'm actually in same predicament and pretty much narrowed it down to a '04 WRX Wagon also. I don't really care too much about the interior, nor too much about the speed. Otherwise I would never even consider the Subie since their interior is ok at best. But quick they are and you can most definitely mod the crap out of them if u want (I might just chip/re-flash it for the xtra 30 ponies, nothing else...).
I believe the Subie is the best overall value for its price range. Speed, ok styling, decent handling out-of-box, wagon, functional but fugly interior, strong build, mods-galore and all that for around $22-23K. That is if all goes well, I'm hoping to take advantage of their low APR and work on the cashback, out the door under $22.5K... No more leasing for me.
I also considered IS300, TSX, G35, Altima, used A4/S4, Jetta and other 4-door sedans. But WRX still seems to have the best overall package.
It's been almost 8 week since I have not had a car and I have a feeling I'll be driving a WRX wagon within 10 days from now...

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have also considered buying a used A4. But I mean they have a thread about this already. The feel of the Audi is so much better but they are so SLOW and they are hard to get to go fast without spending some bucks. So I am not sure. I am going to go and test drive some A4's today at the dealership. And then I will find some WRX's in the area I can test drive. We will see. But I guess it all comes down to what you want huh?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts