VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi .. i recently bought a Audi TT 2000 FWD 180hp, and it doesnt have anything on .. i mean .. its stock ... the first step that i wanted to do was a Chip .. but i dont know which one to buy, the`ve told me APR, and another one but i done remember the name .. but they told me that the best was Giac .... so can somebody please help me here ..

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Re: What Chip Should I Buy ? (_navus_)

there both very good. i prefer the new seemlessly smooth Giac. it makes great power and i've NO negatives. for your car, it'll bump you from 180hp/173tq to 210hp/240tq. just that and a rear swaybar and you instantly created a formidable little beast. have fun

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What Chip Should I Buy ? (M this 1!)

Thanks alot bro .. i really appreciate it .. i think im going to buy the giac .. to have fun .. lol .. thanks ..

·
Registered
739 Posts
Re: What Chip Should I Buy ? (_navus_)

do some research on that GIAC. depending on how aggressive you want to go, how much you want to spend, how much time you don't mind tweaking your system to your liking, stealth capabilites...i went Revo last friday and i don't regret it one bit. nice, lovely clean pull through all shifts. there are quite a few options out there, it just takes some time to read reviews on them all and make a good choice for what it is you're looking to gain. some extremists go all out and go stage 3+.
a great turbo bolt on will do much more than any chip can accomplish. but that's just one girl's opinion.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Re: What Chip Should I Buy ? (joshuajmurray)

The big 3 are all good and each has different features; serial port programming is nice (GIAC is quietly working on it right now also). APR was my first choice until I drove one. I almost went with Revo SPS3 (it was closest; GIAC was far away!!), but I just don't have the time/dyno availability to keep playing with SPS3 variables to find best settings. There's a lot to be said for just clicking on stock, 91/93, 100 modes and going! After all, the tuners have already worked out the variables for you. Also, with a GIAC in 91mode, it will compensate for octanes 91 to 94....and you can absolutey feel the difference..100 is another realm altogether. If you don't have availability of 100 near you, it's kind of a waste. There is station 3mi away from me with 100 for $3.50/gal. If you buy 5-gal drums over internet, you'll pay $10 a gallon. And 5 gallons go AWFULLY fast!!!!!!!! When I move in 6 months, I'll be 90mi away....ugh!

I like being able to "splash" in a few gallons of 100 so the ECU adjusts to 94.
I drove 500mi to get GIAC's IBE X/XR and do not regret it, but that's me. Smooth (runs fine on OEM DV and N710) and slams you right back in seat. No CEL's, limp modes, start issues, etc.
If I go aftermarket turbo down the road, makes no difference if I have to switch to someone else's chip...you pay for playing.
Good luck on your choice. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by Sheep at 2:06 PM 2-20-2004

1 - 7 of 7 Posts