VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Blam. Super 80's style.
I just grabbed this pickup over the weekend. It (obviously) needs some front end sheet metal, but I've already sorted most of it. Unfortunatly, it'll have single rounds rather than the Westmoreland squares. I've already done a lot of disassembly.
It came from my friends shop, it was quite the looker back in the day. Time passed, the paint laquer-checked, the front end got damaged and it became the shop b!tch.

It's got a later model hydro-lifter 1.8, 45mm Delorto downdraft, and just about the shortest transmission I've ever driven with. The owner said he mixed an 83 GTI and a diesel tranny-- I'll have to get more info.
There are some cool pics of this thing with a Pepto-bismol colored bug... complete with the 80's 'splat' paint. I'll see if I can scan the photos.

BUKKIT STYLE!

Modified by vortexblue at 11:24 AM 6-20-2005

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
i dig the scallops http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
do you have a head on picture of the hood?
-j

Modified by Muffler Bearing at 4:46 PM 6-20-2005

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Muffler Bearing)

Quote, originally posted by Muffler Bearing »
i dig the scallops http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
do you have a head on picture of the hood?

Only this:

I already have a new hood for it, but I'm thinking about making it garage art.
I can't help but want to sing 'Take on Me' or 'Come on Eileen' when I drive this thing.

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Re: (duct-tape)

Hahahhaaha. I know I am getting old, when I had to tell some people at work the story of the whole Milli-Vanilli debackle..... Bah ba ba ba baby... Don't forget my numbah!!!!! What do I know about the 80's? Chicks with frizzy bangs and leg warmers. Neon colored shirts... punk rock and skateboarding at it's finest...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Re: (fast84gti)

I almost had to say something in defense of the 80's- - because to me it felt like the best times- - with Ronnie Reagan! But, I just had to laugh my A$$ OFF after seeing all those crazy
Pics of the Eighties! I still think there was some really good underground music stirring...that no-one really knows about- - BUT HEY! 2 the POINT!
I have a Westmoorland grill if you need it cheap! That is if you want to bring the Caddy back to a respectable level?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.