VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Re: What cluthc kit to buy (01 Wolfsburg)

If you want a clutch that can hold ANYTHING you can throw at it. Kevlar clutches from BARtuning.com and nothing else. I've had 3 clutches in my car and nothing compares to the Kevlar clutch. Stage 3 guys here BEAT the CRAP out of them and they held longer the the Sach's clutches on my car with a K04 or K03 with a 50 shot.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: What cluthc kit to buy (01 Wolfsburg)

My car has almost 40000 miles on it, and it seems to be fine, but while i was in socali, after mydrive from washington, i noticed that between shifts i would get a bouncing type feeling, and my freind, whose knowledge on bimmers and dubs i fully respect said it seems that the cluctch is going, and a few days before i was going to leave, i got a locked in ASR and clutch felt loose, likes its not holding very well, so my car is sitting in cali right now, i am just going to have the clutch replaced, take it to the dealer and see whats up

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Re: What cluthc kit to buy (hbstriker)

man DON'T get the clutch done at the dealer. It's not a warranty item and they will RAPE you for it. You could have gotten a HIGH dollar clutch for what dealers typically want to do a clutch job.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: What cluthc kit to buy (Bug_Power)

i dont plan on it, but if i have the car sent up here, to wahington, there are not many tuners around, and the ones i have seen around i dont trust tto much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts