VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What color is your Jetta?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's Pyrite Silver, picked that when building the car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You're right, it is Platinum Silver. I just went back a tracked the order to the dealer. When I built the car online I picked Pyrite Silver, I received a response from TrueCar that located one car. I did not look at the color name, but when I saw the car on the lot, I thought it was Pyrite. Then received the call from the dealer(6 miles away). I had the price from trueCar, so I went to the dealer looked at the car, drove it and then went back in and negotiated the deal. I did and do have the window sticker, but never looked at the color, until this thread came up. I looked at the sticker last night and sure enough it was Platinum and I like it better than the Pyrite. I stand corrected.

Reactions: dejettatdi

·
Registered
2001.5 Passat, 2004 Jetta TDI, 2010 Sportwagen TDI, 2014 Passat Wolfsburg, 2019 Jetta R-Line
102 Posts
You're right, it is Platinum Silver. I just went back a tracked the order to the dealer. When I built the car online I picked Pyrite Silver, I received a response from TrueCar that located one car. I did not look at the color name, but when I saw the car on the lot, I thought it was Pyrite. Then received the call from the dealer(6 miles away). I had the price from trueCar, so I went to the dealer looked at the car, drove it and then went back in and negotiated the deal. I did and do have the window sticker, but never looked at the color, until this thread came up. I looked at the sticker last night and sure enough it was Platinum and I like it better than the Pyrite. I stand corrected.
........anyway, it’s strikingly beautiful as you have it whatever the color.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
2001.5 Passat, 2004 Jetta TDI, 2010 Sportwagen TDI, 2014 Passat Wolfsburg, 2019 Jetta R-Line
102 Posts
Looks cleaner without the side blades. I also took 'Jetta' off the rear end.
I took Jetta off the first day. I blacked out the chrome grill bar and blacked out the faux exhausts with Plasti-Dip which suites my reserved style.
It looks more like all the Audi A4’s on my street LOL.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
It's Platinum Grey Metallic. I was 99% sure, especially since we owned a Platinum Grey Jetta for 6 years.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, it is metallic.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts