VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to sell my recently aquired mk2 jetta to refurbish the mk3 an bring it back to life.First on the list body an paint.So which color do you guys prefer,help me out!?

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
Re: What color should I repaint my golf??? (1sikgti)

there are enough black cars http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
any examples of black with red pearl? I've been thinking about doing a pearl white base coat, and then house of color jet set black on top.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cant find any exampls but honda offers the blue pearl an gold pearl in their blacks.

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
Re: (eurotrash_pd)

what color is it now? did I miss that?
I'm leaning toward Ginster, and if it were a 4-door Golf, there wouldn't be any question about it. But yeah...maybe Ginster.

Modified by punkassjim at 1:51 PM 2-13-2004

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
my friend has a zaino'd black si in flamingo black pearl, dumped down, on black stock wheels.
The car look sreally, really good.

·
Banned
3,788 Posts
Re: What color should I repaint my golf??? (1sikgti)

My fathers XJ6 is british racing green...I don't think it would fit right on an a3 vw...but if you're going to do it then do it right and get the jag paint (no clear coat).

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Re: (Apoc112)

Some more ideas for colors....
dark forrest green off of a range rover
mystic blue off of a g35
the pearl white of cadillac escalade
dark purple off of 96-00 accords
matchstick red from mkiv
windsor blue (not avail on 4-door golfs)
rave or cosmic green from mkiv
flat army green
want more? i could come up with more...

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmmm all bright colors are a no.such as white an ginster.I want somthing dark to match the dark interior.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Re: (1sikgti)

Don't know how it'd look on a golf, but I always love BMW steel metallic blue. It's a lighter (not bright) greyish shade of blue. Very sleek yet classy at the same time.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that steel blue sounds pretty pimp,any pics.AN :COUGH: no bright colors really suit me.Anyone have pics of indian red?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Re: (1sikgti)

I've seen a few pics on the net before here and there, but honestly, it's the type of color that has to be seen in person. Pictures don't get the right shine and lighting. I've seen it on quite a few 330's.
If I went through with painting my car a dif. color, it would be that one. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 21 Posts