VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 A-4 1.8T. It is plain jane with cloth interior and 15" wheels. LOVE IT. What is in the sports suspension? I don't think it has anything special...
How do I get there from here? Budget vs driveability. I've researched the coil overs, 19" wheels and other mods... they seem like a radical ride change. I rode in a highly modified Golf of my friends. It was damn near set up for road coarse. Nice but not a daily driver (I dont see how he does it)... Kidneys still hurt.
While we are on the subject; what do CV joints feel like when they are going bad? I tend to take off ramps and corners VERY fast and hard. The front seems to have a little lurch after the turbo lag.. It's very subtle and im not sure I could even show or describe it to a Audi mechanic. I would hate to have to wait till it breaks before they would see it.
Thanks guys.

Modified by slowcode at 4:25 PM 9/28/2004

·
Registered
788 Posts
Re: What constitutes a sports package.. I dont think I have it (slowcode)

well for my year A4 it was seats (way better than the non sport ones) 16" rims (standard on V6) 3 spoke steering wheel.
but for yours i think its the hollowed out sway bars lower ride height of 3/4 of an inch compared to stock. i think there's more maybe someone can add to it?

·
Registered
261 Posts
The sports package in any year always includes suspension.... struts and springs. Things like steering wheels and rims could have been upgraded but don't mean you have the sport package. The true way to tell if you have the sport package is to check your struts... if they are red then you have the sports package.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (jefferson88)

OK... So if I'm impressed with the stock suspension.. I will be blown away by the sports suspension?
Guess I need to look into new struts then. Suggestions (keep budget and driveablility in mind). Should I expect this to be a $1000 upgrade from the other threads I researched. Seems that those people were going for the tightest ride possible.. What's in the middle?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Re: (prowakeboarder)

Quote, originally posted by prowakeboarder »
So heres a good question, How do the stock Sport shocks/struts hold up to lowering springs???

on non sports package shocks its reccomended that you get some aftermarket ones (*cough*koni*cough*) but ive heard that sports package shocks are good for such spring packages as H&R sport and eibach prokits.
And this was my stock suspension 97' A4 sports package

Modified by AudiNick at 2:13 PM 9-29-2004

·
Registered
788 Posts
Re: (prowakeboarder)

good move i can use the race springs around here though way to bumpy plus canadian winters but the race springs look really nice post some before and after pics! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.