VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Re: What Convertible would you rather have (vw86gti)

Z4. German, reasonably quick, correct amount of pots, presumably well built. Not a Honda.
Looks are questionable, but I don't mind 'em.

·
Banned
13,716 Posts
Re: What Convertible would you rather have (WOB GMAN)

BMW. Exterior beh. Gorgeous and well laid out interior. Straight 6. Need some comfort as I'm not always blasting around.

·
Registered
32,085 Posts

TT. Is an Audi and looks much better than the other two. Has also much more low-end torque.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Audi TT convertible, 3.2 V6 quattro, tiptronic, full leather package.
Honda second by 1/10th of a second. A hell of driving fun.
No Bimmer, ever. Rather a Daewoo.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts

S2000. Honda quality/reliability, great gearbox, fun high revving engine...and it is cheap compared to the others.

·
2011 BMW 328i xDrive Touring 6MT ZSP
48,631 Posts
Re: What Convertible would you rather have (Son of a B...5er!)

Quote, originally posted by Son of a B...5er! »
TT. Is an Audi and looks much better than the other two. Has also much more low-end torque.

You think it would have more low end torque than the Z4? I highly doubt that. Regardless, the TT would be spanked by the others in an acceleration contest.

·
Banned
26,760 Posts

Yeowch. Tough choice and good poll... I'm gonna have to say S2000. But if the TT was a coupe, I'd be all over that. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
2,136 Posts

I mentionned this in another thread, but in this month issue of Car and Driver, the Honda S2000 has won over the TT, Z4 3.0:, Boxster and 350Z Touring. The Honda is the only one to get a 10/10 for fun-to-drive. Also Honda will increase the displacement of its engine to 2.2L with a lower redline. C&D said that the TT is Audi's answer to Ford T-Bird.
I would take the Z4.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Re: What Convertible would you rather have (StattlichPassat)

I have to say Z4. I've grown to like the styling and they help to keep me employed

As for the S2000 I have the same engine in my motorcycle

·
Registered
1,543 Posts

Tough choices. I already own a BMW sorta-convertible. I also own a quattro. Seeing as how I know and already love the two marques, my vote would still go to the S2000.
I drove a co-worker's S2000 and I was impressed. Hondas really don't do much for me, but this was a ton of fun. If I were in the market for roadster, my $$$ would go to the S2000.
-Ray

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Re: What Convertible would you rather have (Son of a B...5er!)

Quote, originally posted by Son of a B...5er! »

I like the TT. I love the interior, but IMO the exterior is too rounded and has too many curves.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Re: What Convertible would you rather have (mahmgb)

Too bad the Corvette isn't on your list. I guess I'd pick the S2000 from that list but none are really appealing to me.

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: What Convertible would you rather have (sar4497)

Having driven all three, I would say the Z4. The TT had too much lag, was too heavy and it feels like you are sitting in a bathtub. The S2K is a wonderful machine, but too raw for my tastes and my shoulders didn't fit into it. I drove a Z4 2.5 and fell in love (the 3.0 is out of my price range). Smooth motor with just the right mix of sport and luxury. Not crazy about the catfish-like front end, but I think the rest of the car looks great! I WILL have one in my garage come this November!

·
Registered
16,451 Posts
Re: What Convertible would you rather have (Y2kSI)

Well, I own an S2000 so that was my choice. Of course, the Z4 wasn't out yet when I bought it.
If I were to get another roadster, I'd probably wait for the M-powered Z4 to make its debut. Or maybe an S2200, but I generally like to mix it up when I get a new car.
I actually saw a Z4 in red and I have to say it looked awesome.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Re: (The Chemist)

I never thought that I'd say this about a Honda but I am really becoming a fan of this car. The main factor is the money. One of these for $32,000 or a Boxster at close to $55,000. I love the Boxster but I'd like to have a roadster and because I just bought a house I am going to have to 'settle' on an S2000 when the time comes to buy a new car in February.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Re: (The Chemist)

TT if I had to chose from the poll. But, I'd rather have the A4 Cabriolet http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 68 Posts