VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Face76:
It fits and contours perfectly however I recommend a heat gun/hair dryer to get it to conform onto the stock spoiler flushly. I have a bit more work to do

mr wrong:
The sticker does come off and the first thing I did after I was done mounting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again thank you.. Just ordered one!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Installed my Neuspeed FMIC. Had to trim the SAI pump bracket, and remove the two brackets that the larger bolts for the belly pan attach to, which I'm not too thrilled about but there's enough screws to keep it attached..

Any question feel free...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Any pics of the trimming?
Here you go

This is the bracket for the SAI connector. I just re-routed it over the SAI pump.

These need to be removed as well as the passenger side interferes with the bumper re-installation, and on the driver side blocks airflow to the ambient temp sensor

Whole job took 3 hours from start to finish. Knowing what I know now I could have done it in 2.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Installed some second gen Panamera tips I scored from work.

Customer bought a brand new 971 Panamera and didn't like the black tips, so he bought silver one's and gave me the black one's

Fun Fact:

Each tip is 400.00. And there are 4 of them..

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yes, this is an ebay twintercooler (Forge knockoff). If you have Adaptive Cruise Control then you will have to modify that to get the cooler to fit... otherwise it was straight bolt on.

Made an immediate difference in drive ability.
I installed the Neuspeed FMIC and had to remove the two brackets for the lower belly pan as they blocked the path for the i/c hoses. Did you have to do the same with your setup?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
ECS Tuning. First version of the skid plate some people observed had only one screw in front connecting to the bumper trim and I agree, not confidence inspiring vs the already pretty sturdy OEM plate, which to be fair has only a couple tabs in front- the real strength is on the side connections.

Second ECS version includes a crossbar that bolts into skid plate in frint and the vertical mounts tie into sturdier frame points vs the stock bracket with one bolt. See:

I like the Alltracks OEM plate, as is-
its pretty sturdy- much more than an aero panel- just want a little more insurance.

And because I had an Odin skid plate on my old 96TdiPassatWagon aka "LittleWhiteRollerSkate" and

Where that aluminum engine skid plate saved me more than once, bouncing off rocks going places I had no business being in...;)

I thought I'd do same on the successor:
see how the ECS rig holds up on
"The SwissArmyKnife" Alltrack
Hi.. I'm hoping you can answer this.. I installed a Neuspeed FMIC on my Alltrack and had to remove the two factory support pieces (the ones on the left in your photo) because they interfered with the I/C hoses which always bothered me.. Will I run into the same issue with the ECS skid plate?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Got an '18 Alltrack SE 6MT before it was announced that the '19 SEL would be offered in a manual. Finally got around to having the factory audio system upgraded. Had thought about doing the Crutchfield DIY route, but after some research, decided the money I'd save wasn't worth the headache, time, mistakes, and likely breakage for my non-car audio savvy abilities. Had a powered subwoofer added (sits on top of the spare tire as I wasn't willing to give up trunk space), front door and A pillar speakers replaced, amp/crossovers, DSP added. Sounds amazing!

Might be a dumb question, but how do you gain access to the additional area right behind the seat where you mounted your amp, etc?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts

Think I'm close to done. blacked out the top 2/3rds of the side skirt and shimmed the rear height a 1/2 inch or so to match front gap with the gti springs. I like equal gaps at all corners. My tech like it better before so to each his own. I'm actually stacking EMD spacers with TT pads here. The balance is actually very slightly better as the rear is a hair looser. Thats what's new. CF mirror cover and winglets, 8" wheels and 245/45r17 tires to maintain ride came this summer along with better filter and box mod along with a tune for the JB4 that allows for 7-8psi more than stock. The rest is earlier and in the sig. May do some blackout front and back at some point but that would be it. Super happy with where it's at. The way the angle at the top of the side skirt reflect light up to your eye and made them look even brighter bothered me more than the color but I hated the silver mirror covers.

Love it! I'm thinking of wrapping the silver trim on just the front and rear bumpers and leaving the silver side skirts, and mirrors alone.. Any concern with the wrap being so close to the exhaust tips?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts