VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

3441 - 3460 of 3502 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Golf Alltrack SEL (affectionately named Georgie)
34 Posts
I got the same color and wheels in August. 6 spd SE. Had to go to Denver from FL to find it. Drove it to Pikes Peak and around the Springs for a few days before heading across the Middle of the country. Love it!

I had a 328 wagon but computers started failing and it was time to go...

This is a great forum—glad I found it. My daughte‘s roommate has an Alltrack with DGS and is starting to mod it.

TC
Sounds like our adventure to get the car was the same. I picked mine up from Denver as well! Then down to SoCal

·
Registered
803 Posts
Followed someone else's lead and snagged one of these cheapy anodized voltmeter/usb3 combos. Pleasantly easy install (pry cigg plug out, unplug, jam OE harness plug onto voltmeter, file out hole a tad, ram it in)

Too bright though! Very distracting at night if my shifting/right arm is not in place to cover it. I'll throw some smoked lamin-x onto the display.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Followed someone else's lead and snagged one of these cheapy anodized voltmeter/usb3 combos. Pleasantly easy install (pry cigg plug out, unplug, jam OE harness plug onto voltmeter, file out hole a tad, ram it in)

Too bright though! Very distracting at night if my shifting/right arm is not in place to cover it. I'll throw some smoked lamin-x onto the display.

you can buy the smoke film for taillights and that should help some. Also, cut a piece to put over the outside mirrors (inside) turn signal; that little white/clear square next to the blind spot monitor annoys me how it stands out so easily.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts

I got one of those too. I don't have a warm place to work so it isn't in yet. I didn't want the display but liked the cover and didn't think anything about the brightness until a friend wondered if it would be too bright. Now I know. I'll probably completely block off the display with solid black vinyl.

·
Registered
2018 VW Alltrack SE
304 Posts
Installed a Whiteline 22mm solid rear sway bar on the stiffer setting along with ECS endlinks. I'm very happy with the results. Previously (the car is on Bilstein B14 coilovers) there was still a bit too much body motion for my taste, due I'm sure in part to the fact that the wagons are heavier in the rear than the standard Golf. The new RSB makes the car feel much more balanced. Turn-in is a lot quicker, the car no longer feels like it's overloading the outside front tire at six or seven tenths-type driving, and there's no appreciable difference in ride comfort. As a point of note if you plan to replace the rear sway bar plan to replace the endlinks. The stock endlink studs have thin walls on the end that cannot stand up to the torque required to budge them (at least in my case they started to crack so I punted and bought new endlinks).
Did you have any fitment issues? How much heavier than the stock bar would you say it is? Which endlinks did you go with?

On a related note, I e-mailed Whiteline recently and here's what they said:

"I see you are planning on installing on the Alltrack. Last month I was helping a customer with the same vehicle with fitment issue where the 24mm bar was rubbing the right rear axle. He was unable to replicate the issue in the garage, but still said it was making contact every once in a while during normal driving. We sent the customer out a 22mm hoping that the smaller diameter bar would offer more clearance. I don’t believe the customer has had a chance to install or else I would have heard back by now. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of this prior to purchasing."

I appreciatee the heads-up. Sign of a good company. But this could be user error--the Alltrack rear drivetrain is essentially the same as the R, right? And obviously the bar has to work for the R (my assumption).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Started work on installing mud flaps yesterday, I had the fronts done and the rear prepped on a jack when I police chase and drug bust happened in my neighborhood. I also found my rear right has a problem. Perhaps one of you has seen this before. I’ve been trying to contact the dealership about a couple things and have heard nothing yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you have any fitment issues? How much heavier than the stock bar would you say it is? Which endlinks did you go with?

On a related note, I e-mailed Whiteline recently and here's what they said:

"I see you are planning on installing on the Alltrack. Last month I was helping a customer with the same vehicle with fitment issue where the 24mm bar was rubbing the right rear axle. He was unable to replicate the issue in the garage, but still said it was making contact every once in a while during normal driving. We sent the customer out a 22mm hoping that the smaller diameter bar would offer more clearance. I don’t believe the customer has had a chance to install or else I would have heard back by now. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of this prior to purchasing."

I appreciatee the heads-up. Sign of a good company. But this could be user error--the Alltrack rear drivetrain is essentially the same as the R, right? And obviously the bar has to work for the R (my assumption).
No fitment issues that I am aware of, although since the bar has longer ends than the stock bar due to the two positions it was a bit of a pain to get into place. With the bar centered there's about a half inch of clearance between the springs (Bilsteins that are a little smaller dia than stock I think) and the ends of the endlinks. I used ECS's endlinks. The only concern I have with them is that they don't have a good hex to use to tighten them to the bar - the hex on the bushing side is very narrow. They seem fine so far, however. I don't believe there's been any contact between the driveshafts and the bar (there looked to be plenty of clearance to me) but I'll check the next time I rotate tires.

I didn't weigh the bars but I'd estimate it's ~25-30% heavier than the stock hollow bar.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I got one of those too. I don't have a warm place to work so it isn't in yet. I didn't want the display but liked the cover and didn't think anything about the brightness until a friend wondered if it would be too bright. Now I know. I'll probably completely block off the display with solid black vinyl.
Hey man I did mine in my cold garage at 30f! Just gotta suck it up, lol (it only took me 10 minutes, too). It's very bright - fine in daylight, kind of obnoxious at night. I like seeing the voltage reading but honestly it's not a critical piece of data on a new car without any issues. 12.3-12.7v when off, 14.8 running, always.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Started work on installing mud flaps yesterday, I had the fronts done and the rear prepped on a jack when I police chase and drug bust happened in my neighborhood. I also found my rear right has a problem. Perhaps one of you has seen this before. I’ve been trying to contact the dealership about a couple things and have heard nothing yet.

View attachment 60572
Either serious alignment issues or a defect in the tire. Maybe a little of both.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Either serious alignment issues or a defect in the tire. Maybe a little of both.
I’m leaning towards defect. The rest of the teed wear across the tire is even. I’m taking it to the tire shop today and I’ll have them let me know as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Finally got my free OEM roof rack from VW after multiple calls to the salesman. He said he would pay for them himself to close the deal. That was two months ago.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Or you scraped something. Is it all the way around?

Which tire?
Right rear, no scraping and no rub from what the tire shop said. No idea what happened but the dealership is going to pay me for the new tire.

·
Registered
10,797 Posts
Got my 1st oil change on the car today... was due to length of service interval ... not mileage... only 6400 miles since new

·
Registered
116 Posts
Picked up some nice Durbans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right on. I ordered Rotiforms and Michelin tires. Was wondering if I could get them in the cargo area and take them to my pal’s garage. He has a lift. Now I know I can. Thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
10,797 Posts
Right on. I ordered Rotiforms and Michelin tires. Was wondering if I could get them in the cargo area and take them to my pal’s garage. He has a lift. Now I know I can. Thanks for the pic.

I got a full set of 19’s and unmounted tires Into mine when it was time to mount them up....just gotta play a little Tetris...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Installed a diverter valve, muffler delete, turbo inlet hose but not the turbo inlet as CTS did not include the oring so I had to leave the stock in for now. Hopefully they can supply the oring soon. Does anyone know the oring size for the turbo inlet? Looks like a 1-series Buna oring.

·
Registered
126 Posts

You can get all four standing side by in the rear, FYI. Just wedge something behind them so you don’t have to listen to them smashing into your lift gate and seats every time you start and stop. 🍺

3441 - 3460 of 3502 Posts