VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
4721 - 4740 of 4872 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also completed my Alltrack black out a few months ago. Took a different approach with 3m gloss vinyl wrap on all the trim, swapped to sportwagen roof rails, and swapped to the Golf R wagon rear valance.
Looks good, vinyl is the route I took too, except I used the matte version. What front lip is that? Did it directly mount on?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Finally got around to putting the Golf R rear bumpstops on.

I’ve been rocking the alltrack stops that look basically twice as tall for the last year because yeah. Glad I took the time to make it happen. Report over.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
APR IS20 "stg 3" tune.

Anyone in Southern NH or MA, I highly recommend Zaks Auto care in Hudson NH, only charged $50 shop time to flash, nice waiting room, free snacks and drinks.

There was a hiccup as APR didn't' have my email right for the turbo warranty void disclaimer i had to sign before flashing could start, had to wait an hour for APR to sort out the email address.

• Love
Reactions: ORE_PDX

·
Registered
'17 Alltrack SE
368 Posts
APR IS20 "stg 3" tune.

Anyone in Southern NH or MA, I highly recommend Zaks Auto care in Hudson NH, only charged $50 shop time to flash, nice waiting room, free snacks and drinks.

There was a hiccup as APR didn't' have my email right for the turbo warranty void disclaimer i had to sign before flashing could start, had to wait an hour for APR to sort out the email address.
Fun day! Congrats. That APR IS20 tune is a booooosty lil bit of programming you’re gonna enjoy.

·
Registered
2019 Alltrack-S
11,007 Posts

·
Registered
2018 VW Alltrack SE
838 Posts
So I went down the rabbit-hole while on copart … found this on there…. I know he was a frequent poster… hope he’s okay… looks like a fairly nasty shunt…
View attachment 206838
I was very confused at first since you quoted the Vermont guy @Mrben522 whose wife was rear ended in a red Alltrack that definitely did not have a major front-end collision. But I do recall the California guy with a red AT who posted a lot; maybe this was him? Why is the box still on the car?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Fun day! Congrats. That APR IS20 tune is a booooosty lil bit of programming you’re gonna enjoy.
Very boosty, feels about the same as IS12 stg 1 under 2500 then i can def feel it kick in. If i keep it in sport mode (UM DSG tune) it def feels like a different beast as RPMS are always in boost.

·
Registered
2019 Alltrack-S
11,007 Posts
I was very confused at first since you quoted the Vermont guy @Mrben522 whose wife was rear ended in a red Alltrack that definitely did not have a major front-end collision. But I do recall the California guy with a red AT who posted a lot; maybe this was him? Why is the box still on the car?
Yeah, while looking at MrBen’s wife’s car on CoPart, I decided to see what other Alltracks were on there… maybe hoping I could find an SEL with brown interior 🤔… so in my search I ran across that one… it looked very familiar with the OZ rally wheels and roof box… I do find it odd that literally nothing was taken off the car before it was sent to salvage…

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, while looking at MrBen’s wife’s car on CoPart, I decided to see what other Alltracks were on there… maybe hoping I could find an SEL with brown interior 🤔… so in my search I ran across that one… it looked very familiar with the OZ rally wheels and roof box… I do find it odd that literally nothing was taken off the car before it was sent to salvage…
IIRC He posted on the FB group, he was cut off and ended up off the road into a tree. Don't quote me on that, but that's what the memory says.

·
Registered
'17 Alltrack SE
368 Posts
IIRC He posted on the FB group, he was cut off and ended up off the road into a tree. Don't quote me on that, but that's what the memory says.
So I went down the rabbit-hole while on copart … found this on there…. I know he was a frequent poster… hope he’s okay… looks like a fairly nasty shunt…
View attachment 206838
That hood imprint looks like a giant bear! Damn.
Love that red and OZ rim combo, sad to see this.

·
Registered
'17 Alltrack SE
368 Posts
Very boosty, feels about the same as IS12 stg 1 under 2500 then i can def feel it kick in. If i keep it in sport mode (UM DSG tune) it def feels like a different beast as RPMS are always in boost.
For sure. My lady drives in D and doesn’t even really notice if driven gingerly. But once you pop in S it’s always right there, ready to play.

The DSG tune is nice as well, though I do feel (w/ APR tune) 2nd gear holds for ever until finally shifting when just putting around in neighborhoods. Do like the added bump of RPMs in launch mode!

can’t remember, you do a DP or stick with stock?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Stock DP, stock IC. If i ever get a DP i'll prob still keep this tune and slide a O2 spacer in as I wouldn't do it for more power juts more flow.

UM DSG tune will shift as your right foot dictates even in S, so nice not winding it out to 6K when you just want a little bit more nut, but if you're really playing around you may have a downshift to enter party mode.

4721 - 4740 of 4872 Posts