VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
4741 - 4760 of 4872 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Alltrack-S
11,007 Posts
Ordered from here Scheinwerfer
Shipping was quite expensive but I got them in 10 days or so.
I can provide more details if you want, just to reduce communication time, they reply only once in a day.
cool thanks, that’s where I was looking at as well… except the”black” ones are back ordered 12-16 weeks… unless that’s just what the site says? Was that the case when you ordered yours?

·
Registered
69 Posts
cool thanks, that’s where I was looking at as well… except the”black” ones are back ordered 12-16 weeks… unless that’s just what the site says? Was that the case when you ordered yours?
No, it wasn't the case. I bought from stock.

Basically this is what they gave me

OSRAM LEDriving® Golf 7 VII CHROME Headlights = 727,37€ (without VAT)
Paypal fees = 52,63€
DHL Premoum Shipping = 179,99€
Total Amount = 959,99€
Instead of paypal I did wire transfer using my bank account, it took 5 mins to do and 2 days to process. Still better than pay $50 to paypal.
DHL premium is the only relatively fast option. Delivered by USPS here in US.

Another pic

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I'd gladly pay $50 for the security of charge back provided by paypal or a credit card.

Direct wire transfer has zero teeth in getting your money back if the vendor stiffs you or lost in shipping or what have you.

Glad it worked for you but is very risky.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
No, it wasn't the case. I bought from stock.

Basically this is what they gave me

Instead of paypal I did wire transfer using my bank account, it took 5 mins to do and 2 days to process. Still better than pay $50 to paypal.
DHL premium is the only relatively fast option. Delivered by USPS here in US.

Another pic

View attachment 208259
Beautiful- top option especially now that Eds Reps/LR seems to be selling only sealed housings.
Can you replace individual bulbs as needed?

·
Registered
2019 Alltrack SEL, 2019 e-Golf SE
25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Want to gauge interest if anyone in Chicagoland/lower Michigan would be interested in trading their OE alltrack 17" wheels + some cash for my Prismas with 235/45/18's on them. The prismas are cool, but not for me. No curb rash at all on these.

·
Registered
2018 VW Alltrack SE
838 Posts
I'd gladly pay $50 for the security of charge back provided by paypal or a credit card.

Direct wire transfer has zero teeth in getting your money back if the vendor stiffs you or lost in shipping or what have you.

Glad it worked for you but is very risky.
Agreed. Best bet is to use a credit card with no foreign transaction fees, because then you'll pay no fee, get protection for the purchase, and earn points/miles back.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Changed the rear diff fluid, I haven't measured what came out but I think I def put more than 1L into the rear diff, maybe with spillage only 1L is in it now, I had to use my second bottle to top up.

Might be my butt dyno but I think it quieted down what i thought were cupped tires, we'll see how it goes. Old fluid was much darker, no metal flakes, so thats good.

I did run into issues trying to take off the fill port for the front bevel box, i didn't have the right combination of bits to get in there without removing the heat shield. Time to invest in ball allens and a trip to Hobo Fraught.

Reactions: CanuckBird

·
Registered
'17 GSW 4MO DSG lifted w/ Alltrack springs
98 Posts
Changed the rear diff fluid, I haven't measured what came out but I think I def put more than 1L into the rear diff, maybe with spillage only 1L is in it now, I had to use my second bottle to top up.

Might be my butt dyno but I think it quieted down what i thought were cupped tires, we'll see how it goes. Old fluid was much darker, no metal flakes, so thats good.
Good luck with the diff DDog. Hope the noises stay away

·
Registered
156 Posts
I finally got around to reinstalling my Splitter Gang Ducktail spoiler with hardware vs 3M tape.

Ya, I know. It’s dirty. Deal. It’s 91 degrees with 52% humidity. I just wanted to get dry. lol you can see the fasteners along the lower edge of the spoiler.

I used six sets of rivnuts/nutserts in the hatch and aluminum M6 countersunk screws/washers. I laid out and drilled the holes in the spoiler with it off the car and then transferred them to the hatch with the spoiler hand-held in place. For both operations I used blue masking tape to protect the finish and give me a surface to mark the layout of the holes on. To guard against moisture ingress/rust I slathered the nutserts with seam sealer before I riv/serted () them and used a combo thread sealer/locker on the screws. Water doesn’t stand a chance.
I love the way it turned out. Now I have a removable/replaceable spoiler. Hurray! Additionally, if I decide later on I can get different colored screws and/or washers.

Spanks for looking.

NDB

4741 - 4760 of 4872 Posts