VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
4821 - 4840 of 4869 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
How much do they go for on the used market? does it have the app to control it on the fly?
First and only one I've seen used. I paid 400.00. Probably half what the tune and labor costs. Yes you can control it on the fly with the app or the switch which I got as well. I tried the 50/50 split once, and it was super noticeable, but probably not good in the long term. I'm coming up on my Haldex service and once that's done I'll really start diving in.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Took Frau Blucher in for her very last service under my ownership.

85000kms in 4 years and the brakes are still over 70% still at 9mm on all four corners - quite happy with that. Starting to make me wonder if and how much engine braking the automatic mode of the DSG uses to slow down the car and if that has nothing to do with it 🧐

Total maintenance costs were $2879.31 or $719.82 per year (not including summer/winter tire swaps).

Still have a few months left to enjoy the Frau, but it's starting to sink in that it will soon be Auf Wiedersehen.

Other than the pano leak which was resolved in the first year, the only complaint is that freaking creaking suspension - otherwise, the car has been fantastic, peppy, comfortable, stylish, decent fuel economy and great for the many trips to IKEA. Gonna be a hard good bye.

Reactions: CanuckBird

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had my front bumper repainted to eliminate the front license plate holes from the PO and I had that center silver strip at the bottom of the bumper painted black to match my mirror caps and tail gate strips on either side of the rear window.

View attachment 221146
Looks great. How did you have the holes filled. I have the same thing on mine, but the plastic is kind of mangled around the holes so have been pondering on how best to tackle that

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Amazon sourced back LED lights are also a great option for 1/4 the cost of DEAuto LED, I do notice some RF interference when listening to FM radio, not a deal breaker as im only backing up so much, well worth it to save a few bucks over deauto.

Reactions: VQVW and CanuckBird

·
Registered
2018 VW Alltrack SE
838 Posts
What size is the OEM sway bar? Is there an ideal RSB size to go with? Seeing a lot of options between 22 mm and 25 mm.
OEM is hollow tube 21.7mm overall diameter. Reportedly wall thickness is 3.0mm versus 3.6mm and same OD for the Golf R bar. So if you're going to upgrade, get a 22-25 mm aftermarket bar because the R bar is barely any stiffer. A 22mm solid bar will be a bit heavier and quite a bit stiffer than OEM. I have the Whiteline 22mm bar; might do their 24 mm version if I had to do it over. There are a few aftermarket bars that are hollow but most are solid. The extra weight is inconsequential since the bar isn't that big.

·
Registered
20 Posts
OEM is hollow tube 21.7mm overall diameter. Reportedly wall thickness is 3.0mm versus 3.6mm and same OD for the Golf R bar. So if you're going to upgrade, get a 22-25 mm aftermarket bar because the R bar is barely any stiffer. A 22mm solid bar will be a bit heavier and quite a bit stiffer than OEM. I have the Whiteline 22mm bar; might do their 24 mm version if I had to do it over. There are a few aftermarket bars that are hollow but most are solid. The extra weight is inconsequential since the bar isn't that big.
Oh gotcha. So really any thickness of a solid sway bar should be a good improvement over the stock hollow bar. I saw a 22mm one for sale in the parts classifieds here and it got me thinking.

·
Registered
20 Posts
On the topic of deautoLED's, my rear trunk LED started blinking when it should be turned off.

Reached out to their support and turns out I ordered the wrong one originally (the one for a regular sportwagen and not an alltrack) 🤦‍♂️

And on top of that I threw away my OEM housing which I need for the correct alltrack LED bulb which uses that OEM housing.
So if anyone has one laying around they wanna sell me, lmk

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Oh gotcha. So really any thickness of a solid sway bar should be a good improvement over the stock hollow bar. I saw a 22mm one for sale in the parts classifieds here and it got me thinking.
You might consider new end links at same time if high miles. Lots of threads from back in the first wave of modders, but IIRC Moog are best, least likely to have creaks, after the RSB upgrade.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might consider new end links at same time if high miles. Lots of threads from back in the first wave of modders, but IIRC Moog are best, least likely to have creaks, after the RSB upgrade.
47k currently so I was planning on just using the current end links. But I did read about people having issues with them on some bars. The seller said he didn't have a problem with OEM links though so I guess I'll try my luck.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I spoke too soon. Here is a picture of the back of my left inner taillight. It's nothing like any video instruction I can find. That little white connector in the upper left is probably the reverse lamp. I can release the small black clip, but can't get a grip on it to remove it. Anyone else, please?

View attachment 221338
My mistake! I was talking about reverse lights.

4821 - 4840 of 4869 Posts