VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
4861 - 4876 of 5027 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Good to know the US plant is spitting tires out. I wonder the limited world wide capacity will hurt winter tire availably for those looking to pick up new winters in the next month or two.

Reactions: CanuckBird

·
Registered
30 Posts
Installed the Active Info Display or digital dash on my 2017 Alltrack. So far love it and how customizable it is. Decided to also add yellow lamin-X to the fog lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's awesome! Love a digital dash
I assume you have SEL package based on below picture? Any idea if it would work on an S trim? Price?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Found out today that obdeleven is no longer doing free points through watching ads and opening the app. And the cost for a 1 year pro membership is $50 now from $25! :oops:
So I used the rest of my points on apps to enable a few things since it looks like they added some for the AT.

-Remote windows up and down from remote fab
-increased throttle response
-enable access to multimedia and car menus while car moving
-fog lights on with high beams
-emergency brake lights
-enable DRL toggle in settings

2017 AT S trim

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
i picked up an opbeleven pro back in august, for my turbo swap, less than impressed with lack of iOS support. Seems like lot of their stuff "in development" is still vapor ware. Def won't be paying them more money to do adaptations that my VCDS will do for free.

Reactions: CanuckBird

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dragged my new wheels/tires to Discount Tire for mounting and Hunter Road Force balancing.

Up next, stud conversion, and Flatout Suspension GR Lite coilover installation and I can bolt them up!
So…stoked.

BTW, I am trying to get my Instagram account off the ground so I can hopefully get some sponsorships and products to review. I could use a little help from you guys because right now I don’t have enough followers and what not, so if you wouldn’t mind please follow me @Alltrack_Overland.

Thanks for reading this far.

NDB

·
Registered
480 Posts
Happy with the lamin-x? Mind sharing a link to what you purchased? I might like to do the same. Thanks.
I got them from the Lamin-x website. $17 - Lamin-x Yellow. I love them. It makes the car look a little more aggressive. I already had clear bra on the fog light glass (as well as the whole front). Highly recommend. Just spray the glass and the adhesive part with glass cleaner so you can move it to have the perfect fit on the glass when you install. then push out the remaining liquid and it'll stick where you put it.

That's awesome! Love a digital dash
I assume you have SEL package based on below picture? Any idea if it would work on an S trim? Price?
I don't see why it wouldn't work on a S trim. Just wouldn't get the navigation display to show in the middle as that's a SEL trim option only I believe. I like that it shows the Euro "BRAKE" light vs the US that spells it out. cost is $1300. So yeah its expensive but really cool. The refresh rate is great, i was concerned about that. You can still make the gauges look like classic gauges if you want, or have more information displayed if you wish. If the Alltracks in the US came with color MFD's though, I wouldn't have done this upgrade. I considered going with a Golf R cluster as well to gain the color MFD. I couldn't find anyone that had done this though.

Yep, I have SEL package.
Cool! What was the cost? Any other parts required? How hard was the installation/programming?
I got the kit from Eurozone Tuning - Link - was expensive ($1300) but part of my reasoning was that it's cheaper than a new car and after 5 years of ownership, thought I would finally get this in my pursuit of OEM+ mods. So the kit does give you everything you need. BUT to my knowledge, the Active Info Display only comes with the gloss black trim surround. And on the 2017 Alltrack, the trim is this "Magnesium Gray". 2018/19 was some other dark gray. Luckily since I already had the 8" infotainment screen that is also available on Eurozone Turning Link in the gloss black trim. I've had this 8" screen in the matching Alltrack bezel as the Alltrack and E-Golf shared the same "Magnesium Gray" but only the E-Golf got the 8-inch screen here in the US. The glossblack trim was just sitting on the shelf for the past 3 years until I did the AID upgrade.

To make the trim match, I had to order a driver left gloss black air vent, HVAC trim, cubby door, and gear shifter trim. (I already had the infotainment trim but if you don't have that, you would also need that. I looked at parts for a 2016 Golf SEL to get part numbers. I haven't been able to find the trim for the HVAC as the SEL came with the climatronic dual zone and finding that in gloss black from the dealer is apparently on back order and havn't had any luck yet on Ebay.

About $200 if you buy the trim new from VW Parts Source. probably could be found cheaper though used.

Programming required either a dealer or a indy shop with Odis to mate the new cluster. Bring both keys. They will pair the cluster with the car/keys and update the mileage. you only have about 100km to set the mileage and then its locked. After picking up the car from my Indy shop I had to do some final VCDS coding to get back the phone, nav, media, and driver assist system screens back to show in the cluster. simple check marks in long coding and then some coding for changing what the gauges look. You can go with Golf R, GTI, or standard golf gauages. I went with the standard Alltrack. I'll post an updated pic of what that looks like soon.

·
Registered
2018 VW Alltrack SE
882 Posts
I got them from the Lamin-x website. $17 - Lamin-x Yellow. I love them. It makes the car look a little more aggressive. I already had clear bra on the fog light glass (as well as the whole front). Highly recommend. Just spray the glass and the adhesive part with glass cleaner so you can move it to have the perfect fit on the glass when you install. then push out the remaining liquid and it'll stick where you put it.

I don't see why it wouldn't work on a S trim. Just wouldn't get the navigation display to show in the middle as that's a SEL trim option only I believe. I like that it shows the Euro "BRAKE" light vs the US that spells it out. cost is $1300. So yeah its expensive but really cool. The refresh rate is great, i was concerned about that. You can still make the gauges look like classic gauges if you want, or have more information displayed if you wish. If the Alltracks in the US came with color MFD's though, I wouldn't have done this upgrade. I considered going with a Golf R cluster as well to gain the color MFD. I couldn't find anyone that had done this though.

Yep, I have SEL package.

I got the kit from Eurozone Tuning - Link - was expensive ($1300) but part of my reasoning was that it's cheaper than a new car and after 5 years of ownership, thought I would finally get this in my pursuit of OEM+ mods. So the kit does give you everything you need. BUT to my knowledge, the Active Info Display only comes with the gloss black trim surround. And on the 2017 Alltrack, the trim is this "Magnesium Gray". 2018/19 was some other dark gray. Luckily since I already had the 8" infotainment screen that is also available on Eurozone Turning Link in the gloss black trim. I've had this 8" screen in the matching Alltrack bezel as the Alltrack and E-Golf shared the same "Magnesium Gray" but only the E-Golf got the 8-inch screen here in the US. The glossblack trim was just sitting on the shelf for the past 3 years until I did the AID upgrade.

To make the trim match, I had to order a driver left gloss black air vent, HVAC trim, cubby door, and gear shifter trim. (I already had the infotainment trim but if you don't have that, you would also need that. I looked at parts for a 2016 Golf SEL to get part numbers. I haven't been able to find the trim for the HVAC as the SEL came with the climatronic dual zone and finding that in gloss black from the dealer is apparently on back order and havn't had any luck yet on Ebay.

About $200 if you buy the trim new from VW Parts Source. probably could be found cheaper though used.

Programming required either a dealer or a indy shop with Odis to mate the new cluster. Bring both keys. They will pair the cluster with the car/keys and update the mileage. you only have about 100km to set the mileage and then its locked. After picking up the car from my Indy shop I had to do some final VCDS coding to get back the phone, nav, media, and driver assist system screens back to show in the cluster. simple check marks in long coding and then some coding for changing what the gauges look. You can go with Golf R, GTI, or standard golf gauages. I went with the standard Alltrack. I'll post an updated pic of what that looks like soon.
Thanks. I'd love to see some photos of the other information screens you can cycle between too.

4861 - 4876 of 5027 Posts