VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
5041 - 5060 of 5170 Posts

· Registered
3,928 Posts
Reactions: Robpol86

· Registered
2019 Golf Alltrack
66 Posts
Yesterday I changed the brake fluid myself for the first time. It was easier than I thought it would be but the pressure tank I got on Amazon was kind of crappy and required like 10 minutes of pumping nonstop. Firestone took the old fluid no problem. This was also the first time I used my recently installed jack pads, totally worth it!

· Registered
102 Posts
Yo did you get the metal clips to work? I couldn’t get them to wedge in right and I was pressing hard with an appropriate tool… is there some trick?
I did, I can't get pictures right now but I put them in a "C" position then rotated it until it was in an "n" position with one tang being inside the rubber seal that the glass butts up against.

· Registered
2,690 Posts
000-915-105-DG battery went in (changed it in the dealer parking lot to save the trip of the core charge). The stock battery that came from the factory finally started showing weakness as to be expected for almost 6 years of service. I think the stock battery was 60aH this is 72ah from a TDI, the larger battery mount holes worked perfectly. Dealer price was $179, any duralast, internstate, duracel, exide battery of similar size FLA i tried to source was +$200.

· Registered
827 Posts
Yesterday I changed the brake fluid myself for the first time. It was easier than I thought it would be but the pressure tank I got on Amazon was kind of crappy and required like 10 minutes of pumping nonstop. Firestone took the old fluid no problem. This was also the first time I used my recently installed jack pads, totally worth it!
Check the seals and hose connections. I've had a Motive bleeder for a while that has been used on a number of cars and it is very efficient. If it's brand new maybe ask them about it... maybe an issue with the plunger internals.

Big fan of that little Harbor Freight work light as well!

· Registered
2,690 Posts
Add a scrader valve to the canister, and connect it to shop air, never pump again ;)

That's what did when I converted a garden sprayer to a power bleeder. I have an M12 miniinflator, keep it set at 15-20psi, hit fill per tire and it's good to go.

Reactions: danvphotos

· Registered
2019 Volkswagen Alltrack SEL M/T
187 Posts
That's awesome why didn't you just use cinder blocks instead of jack stands tho?

What video games we playing back there?

· Registered
90 Posts
000-915-105-DG battery went in (changed it in the dealer parking lot to save the trip of the core charge). The stock battery that came from the factory finally started showing weakness as to be expected for almost 6 years of service. I think the stock battery was 60aH this is 72ah from a TDI, the larger battery mount holes worked perfectly. Dealer price was $179, any duralast, internstate, duracel, exide battery of similar size FLA i tried to source was +$200.
Lucky. My battery just dropped dead without warning the first time I started it after returning from the repair shop. Went to A-Zone and watched the guy put it in. He did a good job, used dielectric grease and post pads for free. I dont feel so bad for paying +$200.

· Registered
10,845 Posts
Lucky. My battery just dropped dead without warning the first time I started it after returning from the repair shop. Went to A-Zone and watched the guy put it in. He did a good job, used dielectric grease and post pads for free. I dont feel so bad for paying +$200.
My original battery from 2015 just went out just over a week ago. Dealer wanted about $280+ tax for one, ended up going with a Napa Legend for around $180. They're the only batteries I've ever put in my last 4 VW's and my boat. Guy at the counter was amazed at how fast I was able to remove and install in the parking lot.

· Registered
'17 Alltrack SE
502 Posts
Never though of putting a full size spare in until now. was nice in both ok my old mk4's to have a full size spare. Right now I just make sure to keep a patch kit and a small 12 compressor in the trunk.
I love your wooden platform… killer idea.

Also run a full-size spare after blowing a sidewall many miles down a gravel road while camping. Limping out on that tiny donut spare was stressful AF. Full size 205 fits fully inflated even with the fender subwoofer! Not obviously with your platform mod tho, and no room to stow the cargo cover down there now.

· Registered
2019 Golf Alltrack
66 Posts
Yesterday I removed the clutch delay valve by installing the ECS Tuning metal clutch bleeder block. After doing this mod I definitely felt a difference when pressing the clutch pedal. It feels lighter and now I understand what people meant when they say the stock clutch feels mushy. Removing the air box is super easy so I'm starting to consider getting the dieselgeek short shifter next. Not sure if I want to remove the clutch spring from the pedal though since my foot got tired pretty often in stop and go traffic when I had my 2010 TDI and that never happens in my Alltrack.

· Registered
78 Posts

· Registered
228 Posts
5041 - 5060 of 5170 Posts