VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 1542 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yea thats what i tried with mine. I left windows down, locked vehicle, moved key fob out of range, waited >1 min and then sprayed the sensor with a spray bottle of water to mimic rain. Nothing happened. I have not had a chance to try the headlight control in rain yet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Did you end up getting these in? If so how'd it go?
Yes, easy install. The oem ones pried out with plastic trim tool, had a bit of hot glue type thing holding them in place. The new ones plugged right it. The projector is led which is nice, and it looks oem. I will take a pic soon. The logo almost hits the bottom of the door
Also, only the front doors have this.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes, easy install. The oem ones pried out with plastic trim tool, had a bit of hot glue type thing holding them in place. The new ones plugged right it. The projector is led which is nice, and it looks oem. I will take a pic soon. The logo almost hits the bottom of the door
Also, only the front doors have this.

Nice.. seriously considering doing it to ours, because why not. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
not quite the same...

So here is the result of my change- it looks better when the concrete is smoother. You can see on the passenger side how it just barely clips the door (second pic)

·
Registered
116 Posts
So here is the result of my change- it looks better when the concrete is smoother. You can see on the passenger side how it just barely clips the door (second pic)

Nice :) They seem to be at slightly different projection angles, does the lens/projector part rotate at all so you can position the symbol how you like?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Nice :) They seem to be at slightly different projection angles, does the lens/projector part rotate at all so you can position the symbol how you like?
does not appear to be the case, although i haven't messed with them too much, its a plastic housing with a slot where different logos can be inserted. I thought about pulling the "disk" with the image on it and filing it down slightly
otherwise there might be the possibility of adjusting the LED but i haven't been too bothered by it

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nice...where did you get it? Oem or aftermarket?

Each to their own and all that but I’ve never been a big fan of any chrome bumper protector. When the sun shines on it it looks like the whole rear of the car has stripes on it.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you please post the purchase link?
Is it difficult to install? Does it need to drill some holes?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So far they are as expected. Fit is good and clean. It came with teramont rubber liner for the bottom.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
At least that is one thing for the teramont from Aliexpress that fits US Atlas-
there are alot of subtle changes: eg shift console, shift knob, armrest, rear door panel trim etc

·
Registered
24 Posts
Picked up my SEL Premium this past Monday. Today, I found the time to replace all the interior bulbs to the deAUTO Led's. The install wasn't too bad. Took about 30 mins to replace all of them. The Glove box was the hardest out of all of them. It makes the car feel a tad bit more luxurious with the LEDs.
Next on my list of things to do include, the chrome bumper protection plate, I ordered the side step from my dealer and they promised to install it as soon as it comes in. I already ordered the Lamin-X door handle cup proctector and waiting for that to come in. I also have the rear seat cover to put in.

By any chance, does anybody know where I can find a protection cover for the key fob?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I have not found a cover for the non-foldong keyfob yet... please post link if you find one

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Gauge sweep...it works on my se/tech when the driver door is ahut, but not when open. Kinda strange

21 - 40 of 1542 Posts