VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
501 - 520 of 1542 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Rear door trim won't fit US models... Wish VW made the panels the same as China version

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Here is something to look at as to how the China version is like:

·
Registered
617 Posts
i wonder what battery they use............
Most likely a local Chinese made one. They have to source plenty of parts from there. The original Atlas battery here was a German made one (from what I can tell) and it looks like they changed the supplier after those issues. They might bring them back once the issues are fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,217 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
I’m surprised that after being out on the roads this long, no one has tried removing the rear chrome mustache.
There's been a few black-out ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey everyone! New here. Got a 2019 White SEL R-Line for my wife on Saturday. Already added a AFE Momentum ST intake. Most likely won’t be able to tell you guys if it did anything since I won’t be daily driving it and my wife won’t notice any gains. Install was straightforward. Here are the pics!

·
Registered
47 Posts

How in the world do you get in/out of the Ram? :what: Do you climb through the passenger seat each time or is there really more room over there that is hidden? Or do you have a 'summon' feature, like on the Tesla's? :laugh:

·
Registered
617 Posts
How in the world do you get in/out of the Ram? :what: Do you climb through the passenger seat each time or is there really more room over there that is hidden? Or do you have a 'summon' feature, like on the Tesla's? :laugh:
Looking more in depth I can see that the huge side mirrors are in open position and there is distance between the driver mirror side and the wall. Plus it looks like there is an house entry door close by the driver door side

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a little more room on the driver’s side. I did however lose that parking spot. There was no way my wife was getting into the atlas with my truck in there.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Installed a Thule Force XT XL box on the car and have been testing it out for over a week. Love the added space.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LED upgrades

Your grille looks different - did you change it?
Would you mind sharing with me the LED replacement fog lights as well as interior lights? I have been doing research for my Atlas and would love to hear your input. I have the same floor mats as well and they are awesome. I like the black on black.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would you mind sharing with me the LED replacement fog lights as well as interior lights? I have been doing research for my Atlas and would love to hear your input. I have the same floor mats as well and they are awesome. I like the black on black.
Well this post did not post to where it was supposed to you so I am sorry for the confusion Lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
Got rear-ended by a Toyota Matrix. The Toyota was a total loss, but the Atlas did very well, I am happy to report. Don’t get me wrong, the Atlas is damaged, but it doesn’t look like the two vehicles were even in the same accident. .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Also, in other interesting news...

Before getting rear-ended, I brought the Atlas in for a check-engine light. After scanning the codes, they told me that I need to have my catalytic converter replaced. It’s the second Atlas my dealer has seen requiring a new catalytic converter. I have about 20,000 miles, so it will be covered under warranty. I guess it will go in for service when the body shop is done with it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I installed the Termont mudflaps, like these ones:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273603501974

Install took less than 10 mins, just make sure you have a tool than can access the rear screws with the wheel still on. There isn’t a ton of clearance, Clarence. I like the way they look- it gives the profile a bit more ground-effect and visual weight, if that makes sense. I’ll post pics when the weather is better and the sled is cleaner.

I also installed the deautoLED fog lights. They look way better and are much more effective. Again, 10 min install, as long as you have a trim/pry tool handy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I installed the Termont mudflaps, like these ones:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273603501974

Install took less than 10 mins, just make sure you have a tool than can access the rear screws with the wheel still on. There isn’t a ton of clearance, Clarence. I like the way they look- it gives the profile a bit more ground-effect and visual weight, if that makes sense. I’ll post pics when the weather is better and the sled is cleaner.

I also installed the deautoLED fog lights. They look way better and are much more effective. Again, 10 min install, as long as you have a trim/pry tool handy.
Did you have to drill any holes? I have these mudflaps also but haven't installed them yet because i thought you might need to drill holes.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Did you have to drill any holes? I have these mudflaps also but haven't installed them yet because i thought you might need to drill holes.
When I installed the OEM flaps the only holes that needed to be made where on the wheel well cover and not on the body things. Those just replacement screws for the existing ones

501 - 520 of 1542 Posts