VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

9661 - 9680 of 9729 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Passat SEL TDI 2016

What year Passat you have? Also how’d you get that to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Passat is a 2016 TDI SEL, (yes, the ones caught by the US Dieselgate, limited produced in USA but sold in Mexico as used with 0 miles, not many BTW).

Here is some literature from a Russian forum about TPMS and how to write the EMPROM for the icon to come up.

TPMS or RDKS retrofit:
https://www.drive2.ru/l/3345938/

Cluster EPROM :
https://www.drive2.ru/l/571316413348717112/

·
Registered
640 Posts
What are the credits used for?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It's like a points system to make the modifications. Each mod costs credits. It's how they continue to make money after someone purchases the hardware.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Got it back last week after installing springs, shocks/struts, strut bearings/mounts, front and rear adjustable end links, rear sway bar, skid plate, front bbk with matching front and rear rotors/pads/ss lines, and a skid plate. Am still driving her easy to bed in the pads, but man, what a difference! The car is so planted now, braking effort seems to be less, and handling in general is no longer 1983 Buick. It's a similar set-up to what I had on my 2013, but this just feels smoother, not as rough, and the steering is much more precise and responsive.
I've always gone the opposite when bedding pads. Begin moderate and progressively harder. Begin at 20 mph, brake hard to 10, back up to 30, brake hard, back to 40, repeat process until 60, then drive home without touching them until they cool. I've used this on motorcycles and cars. Works every time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Installed Polar FIS Advanced Dashboard Display. Pretty cool to actually see what's going on by using the MFD.

·
Registered
21,158 Posts
I've always gone the opposite when bedding pads. Begin moderate and progressively harder. Begin at 20 mph, brake hard to 10, back up to 30, brake hard, back to 40, repeat process until 60, then drive home without touching them until they cool. I've used this on motorcycles and cars. Works every time.
I had time today and kinda did a little of both. Accelerated in 10mph increments from 20 to 60mph, and applied brakes to slow down 10mph each time, then the same 10mph increments from 60 to 30mph braking and slowing in 10mph increments. Then pretty much coasted for about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had time today and kinda did a little of both. Accelerated in 10mph increments from 20 to 60mph, and applied brakes to slow down 10mph each time, then the same 10mph increments from 60 to 30mph braking and slowing in 10mph increments. Then pretty much coasted for about 30 minutes.
Awesome! That should bed them in nicely. I hope it works out well and your brakes are happy.

·
Registered
21,158 Posts
^
Thanks!

So far it seems to have done the job. Continued driving a bit after a few hours and they seemed to have a bit more bite, but that's hard to tell/measure by the seat of the pants.

·
Registered
21,158 Posts
Bought it a few weeks ago and it finally arrived: Buzzken catback, no resonator. Nicely made with very smooth mandrel bends.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Installed Polar FIS Advanced Dashboard Display. Pretty cool to actually see what's going on by using the MFD.
I am interested, I assume you installed it on the GT and is it the PF04 model MK5/M6/8P? How was the installation and have you tried any of the stopwatch features?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9661 - 9680 of 9729 Posts