VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 15732 Posts

·
Registered
41,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most sections have this thread and since people are starting to take delivery, let's hear it! What did you do mod wise to your Golf R today or recently?

·
Registered
8,912 Posts
drool :laugh:

... since i don't have it yet :mad:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Most sections have this thread and since people are starting to take delivery, let's hear it! What did you do mod wise to your Golf R today or recently?
If you look through the threads in the Golf VI R section - you will notice that most of us who are owners have our own threads that detail our Mod endeavors. Posting what we do here would seem to be double work. ;)

But, to answer your question . . . I worked on cleaning up the engine cover a little more after installing the Forge Twintake yesterday.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I tracked my boat as soon as I woke up....Less than 100 miles from zee motherstation!

Station!

(In my dreams, I did the flapper mod....Then switched it back 2 minutes later)

·
Registered
41,120 Posts
:laugh: Yes! :thumbup:

·
Registered
41,120 Posts
Got a shipment notification email for a rare OEM part.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Got a shipment notification email for a rare OEM part.
Rear cargo tray?

Yesterday, I was trying to track down someone who had the Mk6 drain tube for the RVC, but it looks like I'll just have to rig up my own.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41,120 Posts
Rear cargo tray?

Yesterday, I was trying to track down someone who had the Mk6 drain tube for the RVC, but it looks like I'll just have to rig up my own.
Nope. Already have one waiting at home.

I never installed the tube and got a hatch full of water one day. I've since removed the camera but definitelty install a tube. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I'm moments away from going wild on the trays/cubby's. Ecs/oemplus good places to start?

·
Registered
41,120 Posts
I'm moments away from going wild on the trays/cubby's. Ecs/oemplus good places to start?
ECS/TMTuning......OEMplus only if you absolutely have to. Classifieds for the rear tray as it's no longer available.

·
Registered
41,120 Posts
Bad experiences with OEMplus? They have a good price on the LED tails right now.
I know a lot of people who recieved broken parts or the wrong item. The way they shipped the tails to a few guys was terrible. All 4 parts were just wrapped up and put in one box instead of being boxed individually like you'll find when ordering from ECS or BKS.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I know a lot of people who recieved broken parts or the wrong item. The way they shipped the tails to a few guys was terrible. All 4 parts were just wrapped up and put in one box instead of being boxed individually like you'll find when ordering from ECS or BKS.
Thanks for the warning!

·
Registered
41,120 Posts

·
Registered
41,120 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
watching the mail box for the BKS adapters...:popcorn:

Also trying to decide if my family stig and vortex stickers are going on the car or not...digging the clean look

·
Registered
17,755 Posts
yea thats how mine were shipped, not too pleased with that but there were no scratches or any problems with them. prob not going to use them again unless i have to.

this uber rare oem part has me curious Johnny, what are you up to lol. Ive been hunting for a rear tray but dont want to pay 280 for it. cant find one on ebay, was debating taking a trip to a dealer in canada where they have one but the cost of gas and whatnot would negate any savings

1 - 20 of 15732 Posts