VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts
New LED dome lights. But I need more to finish it. Along with some different floor ones. Yellow and blue kinda don’t mix. ( yes I put yellow leds in the dome lamps. As the super bright white ones were dead.

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts
Oil change this last saturday. And swapped out the Allen head drain plug on the ecs filter housing for my oem 19mm drain plug. As allens and I don’t mix sometimes. Got a magnetic drain plug for the oil pan. Gotta make an appointment to get the security bolts removed on the wheels. Not a huge fan of them. Kind of want titanium ones just for the corrosion resistance. I also want to get my prisma’s tired and mounted.

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts
Get a socket that just barely fits, smash a hammer on it and break em loose. That’s what we did for my brothers car.
I’m hopeful that it might be a last resort thing with that method. We’ll see.

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts

got this dope shot after work of how the yellow 194 leds do for dome lamps. ( I need red footwell leds… previous owner did the blue). Really happy with how it turned out for just a couple bucks though.

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts
Nice. All said dealer wants 100 for the bolts and the labor time. I think it’s worth it to have them do the job rather than me going she-hulk and damaging something else. Lol.

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts
It may take less than ten minutes. But I think they still have to quote for a set time of labor.

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts
Got stuck behind a liquid fertilizer truck and had to run it though a wash quick. Hope it stays nice this weekend so I can wash both cars. And fix the exhaust on wife’s gti. I do like the mechanical boost gauge. It’s a thing this car is missing from factory. ( I’d also like oil pressure as an auxiliary. Soon)

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts
Gotta find time to get her ready for a car meet this weekend.

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts
I putted it around road America in the rain watching the imsa qualifying.

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts
Car surprised me tonight. Hit 31 mpg average on my drive home. ( back roads cruising at 60) so maybe I’m finally getting most of the carbon burnt out from it being a former Milwaukee car.
That said I could definitely use a different airbox setup than neuspeed’s hot air intake.

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts
Seems like I’m doing good then. I try not to speed a bunch at night because deer.

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts
About at my wits end with this car. New battery, cleaned all the grounds, new o2 sensor and still feels sluggish. Also new plugs, maybe I need new coils. Keep throwing knock sensor code and misfire codes but the misfires hit a different cylinder number every time. First it hit cylinder 2, than 3, now 4
Have you done a carbon cleaning? May want to just replace the injectors as well since the IM will be off. We picked up a ton of power and response on the wife’s car when we did it. ( hers was really bad, and caused an injector to fail open.

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts
Indeed to find a new fuse panel cover for under the hood. Hitting up the junkyard tomorrow. ( there was a loose wire when I bought the car and it made a melty spot on the front side.

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts
Yard was closed before noon… weird….
Anyways I found out my rear washer tube is busted. Gonna look at fixing it tomorrow. I need to be able to clear salty funk off come winter.

·
Registered
Carbon steel grey mk6R
247 Posts
200A seems like a huge fuse... Does the starter really draw that much current?
Yes. That wire was loose on my car and must have gotten the bolt stupid hot. Thank goodness I caught it before the fuse popped. i gotta look at my fuse setup there and see if I can wire in a secondary fuse panel just for auxiliary gauges. If I can avoid cutting and splicing wires on the car it would be great.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts