VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
15661 - 15680 of 15742 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Golf R
138 Posts
Reset tire pressures and made some damper adjustments after a weekend on the track, at sunrise this morning. Had some rubbing on the banks at during AutoX with the new setup, so I did the screw mod to see if that helps. Enjoyed sunset with a light drive through the driftless area of southwestern Wisconsin.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Found out previous owner must have coded the full traction control defeat. Spun the **** out of one tire in the wet. This car needs a diff, and a more aggressive haldex maybe.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Found out previous owner must have coded the full traction control defeat. Spun the **** out of one tire in the wet. This car needs a diff, and a more aggressive haldex maybe.
Or just some better tyres perhaps?

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
It’s got some conti all seasons on it. So maybe. That said it was a steady good rain. Idk, I’ve never found a tire that behaves how I want in the rain. Last set was some kdw2’s. But they are discontinued for a long long time now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It’s got some conti all seasons on it. So maybe. That said it was a steady good rain. Idk, I’ve never found a tire that behaves how I want in the rain. Last set was some kdw2’s. But they are discontinued for a long long time now.
have had great luck with the Pilot Sport 4S. Excellent dry and very good wet. Only downside is the $.

·
Registered
252 Posts
have had great luck with the Pilot Sport 4S. Excellent dry and very good wet. Only downside is the $.
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S have been top of many tyre reviews over the past few years but only recently been introduced in 18" sizes.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Confirmed today something's odd with the trunk lid unless it's expected behavior: (kessy) when the car is off, if locked or unlocked I'm able to open the trunk lid with just proximity of the key. When the car is running, doors unlocked I'm unable to open the trunk with just proximity. I end up having to use the keyfob to open it. Am I missing something that could be coded with vagcom?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Confirmed today something's odd with the trunk lid unless it's expected behavior: (kessy) when the car is off, if locked or unlocked I'm able to open the trunk lid with just proximity of the key. When the car is running, doors unlocked I'm unable to open the trunk with just proximity. I end up having to use the keyfob to open it. Am I missing something that could be coded with vagcom?
Same behavior but I learned years ago while car is running you have to unlock the doors twice for the rear hatch to unlock. Apparently while car is running it's considered a 3rd/5th door and has it's own lock that can be heard unlocking after pressing unlock on the door twice.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Did you press the traction control button yourself? The ECS defeat isn't full time...

·
Registered
2013 Golf R
138 Posts
Yes. Far as I can tell when pressed it’s all off.
If they followed the APR procedure for ESC full off, you should be able to tell. The procedure for full off is a 2 second press, at which point you get chime verification and a repeating message in the display for as long as it's off. It resets to normal operation when the car is shut off.

·
Registered
2012 VW Golf R
776 Posts
I ordered more parts. Now to find a fun boost and oil pressure gauge
I haven’t heard much of any one really using oil pressure gauges anymore and I’ve always wondered why not.. but I was looking and it says the p3 doesn’t have oil gauge reading. So for our cars do they come with a oil gauge port somewhere

·
Registered
81 Posts
They do not. Though a couple places have a kit to add a sensor fitting onto the turbo feed like coming out of the engine. Which will most likely be where I grab signal from unless there is an oil galley plug I can use instead.

15661 - 15680 of 15742 Posts