VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
15681 - 15700 of 15743 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Engine flush, new oil, oil filter, haldex flush. New front anti-roll bar drop links installed (after one of the old ones fell off) & TTRS aluminium lower control arms & ball joints installed. 2 new tyres and a full alignment.
Car feels completely different, in a good way!

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
2 new tyres and a full alignment.
I don't know the specifics but I hope you know that the tire diameters have to be within a range or else you overwork the Haldex clutch. Usually, all 4 tires have to be replaced.

Reactions: A4X4R

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't know the specifics but I hope you know that the tire diameters have to be within a range or else you overwork the Haldex clutch. Usually, all 4 tires have to be replaced.
Yeah, the tyre you saw was one of the fronts & scrubbing was due to excess toe out (4.7°). The rears only have worn down around 2~3mm (which were moved to the front). I was advised to give them about another 6 to 8 months then replace them too.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
2 new tyres and a full alignment.
Mine from last weekend, rear right. Got the light while driving and tried 3 different gas stations where the machine would just deflate it even more, until the tire wobble of death as I tried crawling to a 4th station. Had to pull over, slap the donut on and replaced it same day. I picked up a matching one on Monday for the opposite side at the local tirerack depot, I'd like to get it mounted today and will have to run unmatching sets until the end of the month. I won't be driving it much as I'm also in the works of getting another car so the golf r will sorta be placed on the back burner

·
Registered
2,678 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
^this, from driving from station to station it just killed it eventually. Lucky at the end I was by an oreily shop and got my hands on what is now my second lift jack , expensive weekend to say the least but it was all solved fairly quickly. Worst part is I actually have 12v pump.. at home. Either way these needed to be replaced eventually, I'm just glad the damage wasn't worse.

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Correct, many lessons learned. I had emptied pretty much everything out the trunk a while back and didn't put the essentials back in with the exception of the fire extinguisher. Luckily I had received a replacement lug nut key the previous day and brilliantly left it in the car 'just in case' but forgot the other important parts.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
My lug nut key went missing after a visit to the dealer, but they claimed it wasn't them, and since I didn't have concrete proof that it was there when I dropped the car off, they wouldn't budge. They did swap out the keyed lugs with normal ones for free though.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Ooooooooh $$$$$$$ but having front and rear LSDs will be phenomenal. Are they selling the diff and bolt-in ring gear or do you have to send your rear diff in or?

15681 - 15700 of 15743 Posts