VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
15801 - 15820 of 15997 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
View attachment 124449 View attachment 124450 View attachment 124451
todays events. Oil change, fitting the Volant intake, ( still need grommets, and the accordion tube off the grill to the airbox). Car got way quieter, and I have DV flutter instead of loud chirps and barks. Also found an almost fallen out motor mount bolt. Which explains the clunk I kept hearing.
I don't remember there being an accordion tube from the slam panel to the airbox when I had my Volant CAI. Are you sure you need one? (Maybe mine was missing.lol) I switched since.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think it’s part of the factory gti airbox setup that should swap over. Idk as i don’t have any factory intake stuff. Either way I love how subtle the intake is. And the filter should be good for a long time.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Did your airbox section come with rubber rings for the mount pegs? Or was it a loose fit like mine?
I don't think that mine ever had any rubber rings for the post(s) in front of the battery. It is already kind of finicky to get it on there (I've run without the inlet section, ie exposed filter, for long periods). I can't imagine how tricky it would be if those were a snug fit.

Reactions: Faio

·
Registered
321 Posts
Did your airbox section come with rubber rings for the mount pegs? Or was it a loose fit like mine?
It was loose when this car made it's way to my hands. I asked the original owner and he said it was like that & I assumed it was missing a rubber grommet (in front of the battery box). I live in a hot climate, so changed to a fully closed CAI which dropped the IATs a little.

·
Registered
799 Posts
From looking at different installation write-ups and videos, it looks like it was supposed to come with rubber grommets to fit on the mounting posts (or maybe reuse the OEM ones like the IE intake does?). The OEM grommets are 036129689B, not sure if they'll fit the Volant box though.

·
Registered
321 Posts
From looking at different installation write-ups and videos, it looks like it was supposed to come with rubber grommets to fit on the mounting posts (or maybe reuse the OEM ones like the IE intake does?). The OEM grommets are 036129689B, not sure if they'll fit the Volant box though.
Yeah, the guy I sold mine to told me the same thing. He bought stock grommets, to fit it to his car.

·
Registered
2013 MK6 Golf R Stage 2 Paperweight
191 Posts
Finally installed the Racingline stud conversion I’ve had laying around.

Also fixed the HID auto-leveling arm that I incorrectly re-installed back when I put coilovers on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Looks great. Could be biased.

Having those headlights point low really sucks doesn’t it?

·
Registered
2012 VW Golf R - IE450T
637 Posts
Looks great. Could be biased.

Having those headlights point low really sucks doesn’t it?

Thanks to your thread, I realized why my headlights seemed like they were way too low. It often felt dangerous driving in very dark scenarios.

·
Registered
2012 VW Golf R - IE450T
637 Posts
It’s nice to see everyone enjoying their R’s lol… driving to work this morning and now my throttle body doesn’t work. So ordered a new one…
Man, the P0606 and now this? Did you get to the bottom of that as well?

·
Registered
2012 VW Golf R
814 Posts
Man, the P0606 and now this? Did you get to the bottom of that as well?

I took all my grounds off and cleaned them again. Later today I’m going to take the window cowl thing off and look to see if I got some loose wires on the ECU 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2012 VW Golf R - IE450T
637 Posts
I took all my grounds off and cleaned them again. Later today I’m going to take the window cowl thing off and look to see if I got some loose wires on the ECU
I feel like it never ends with these cars

15801 - 15820 of 15997 Posts