VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
15841 - 15860 of 15961 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Switched from 034 Tracksport mounts to Streetsport. The Tracksports were just too stiff for daily driving; the brand new Streetsports already have substantially less NVH than the broken-in Tracksports, and should smooth out nicely in a few miles.

I think I've finally found the best mounts for this car.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Doing pulls for fun today I noticed the car has a hard fall off point at 5k in third gear. It’s stock tune and turbo, so maybe it’s the power limit until further tuning. Idk.

·
Registered
2012 VW Golf R
805 Posts
Tried to get the car to start today. Starts but won’t go over 7 mph. Speedometer light is on, Stablization light is on, steering wheel light but the only code is a knock sensor. Have to get it to the dealership by Monday morning.. it’s 2 hours away and insurance said they won’t pay for it

·
Registered
173 Posts
let us know how long the street sports actually last. I installed a replacement set 4k miles ago and the trans mount already went bad

·
Registered
2013 Golf R
160 Posts
How bad was the timing job to do?
I was lucky to have an Audi mechanic helping...more like I was helping him. It sounds like you're pretty handy with a spanner and it's pretty straightforward. Took us 6 hrs and the engine bar was necessary. If I were solo, it probably would have been an 8hr job. Having the ECS instructions, the Specifications to verify torque values and the FSM were helpful.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I'm going to work a full complete week of OT for her! $$$$ Because VW.:Race car is not cheap!!!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Well my car needs a new wire harness. New knock sensors, radiator and new hoses. Roughly gonna cost $3600.
Exactly why I'm working soooooo much OT for her!!!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Trying to find coilovers that stay close to stock height. Any recommendations? Don’t wanna be a snow plow, lol
I have the VWR StreetSport, which I don't think they make any more. I really like them and they do get the car off the ground for winter weather here in Denver and the surrounding mountains.

15841 - 15860 of 15961 Posts