637 Posts
Well lots done today.

• Re-did my catch can plumbing a bit
  • Remounted the catch can not to use the engine mount
  • Installed a Fumoto drain valve
  • Oil change
  • Swapped 034 density mounts for BFI stage 1 motor/trans mounts
  • Installed Tyrolsport master cylinder brace

Have not had a chance to take it out yet, but the NVH did not seem all that elevated while moving the car on and off ramps just in/out of the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I’d really like my R to be more tail happy. I’m thinking the competition haldex controller and a front lsd might work. That and some sway bar magic.
All VW\Audi Haldex vehicles are the same.... Just like on my MK4.:R32, you need a rear strut brace (Unibrace, HPA, Tyrol Sport etc...), Competition Haldex controller\Haldex flash and a thicker rear antisway bar at the very least. Rear (all tough I have the rear LSD on my .:R32 and will have it on my MK6) LSD is optional. DO NOT ADD IN A THICKER ANTISWAY BAR TO THE FRONT!!!!! That only increases turn in understeer. I don't understand why peeps do the front bar on these cars it only makes understeer worse. If you want to tighten up the front and make turn in sharper FIRST read Tech Ed's awesome thread on setting up and driving these cars, then go aluminum or tubular control arms (DO NOT DO THE FRONT ANTISWAY BAR), and once again front LSD optional. I have the Peloquin putting in work at the front and rear on my .:R32 and if you not driving that byoche at 8/10 or higher canyon carving, tracking\autocrossing or hooning around like you stole it, both LSD are not needed. I'm going above and beyond and I'm doing somethings not listed hear that few if any have done in total but that's just me. With all of that and more I can hang my .:R32's ass out like a stripper on stage and OMG is it fun!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
All VW\Audi Haldex vehicles are the same.... Just like on my MK4.:R32, you need a rear strut brace (Unibrace, HPA, Tyrol Sport etc...), Competition Haldex controller\Haldex flash and a thicker rear antisway bar at the very least. Rear (all tough I have the rear LSD on my .:R32 and will have it on my MK6) LSD is optional. DO NOT ADD IN A THICKER ANTISWAY BAR TO THE FRONT!!!!! That only increases turn in understeer. I don't understand why peeps do the front bar on these cars it only makes understeer worse. If you want to tighten up the front and make turn in sharper FIRST read Tech Ed's awesome thread on setting up and driving these cars, then go aluminum or tubular control arms (DO NOT DO THE FRONT ANTISWAY BAR), and once again front LSD optional. I have the Peloquin putting in work at the front and rear on my .:R32 and if you not driving that byoche at 8/10 or higher canyon carving, tracking\autocrossing or hooning around like you stole it, both LSD are not needed. I'm going above and beyond and I'm doing somethings not listed hear that few if any have done in total but that's just me. With all of that and more I can hang my .:R32's ass out like a stripper on stage and OMG is it fun!!

Sounds like the recipe is similar suspension wise as to what I did for my mk1 focus.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Sounds like the recipe is similar suspension wise as to what I did for my mk1 focus.
All FWD\FW biased AWD (That's Haldex) vehicles from VW\Audi are built the same way. The motor is mostly in front of the front axle line (And thus nose heavy) for traction off the line. We have a 61F\39R weight distribution that is fabulous on take off. Just watch Audi launch videos on YouTube. Having weight over the front end keeps traction on the front wheels BUT there is no free lunch. We pay for it with midcorner understeer at the limit. Tech ED's thread on how to drive these cars is the gospel on how to deal with this. Hardware set ups are geared to unstick the rear end (Which is why you never do the front antisway bar!) and that's what a thicker rear antisway bar does on these cars regardless of generation.

Reactions: Puttguy

·
Registered
2015 Golf TDI S "Hinata", 2013 Golf R "Kaguya"
575 Posts
Changed out the hatch for one in much better condition from a donor CW GTI. Whoever at VW thought to make the third brake light connector and rear washer nozzle hose fitting nearly impossible to access should be sternly talked to. Lol What a pain in the aft, literally.

Also meant to install my CF skirt extensions, but the hatch took longer than I had wanted it to. Lol

Reactions: Puttguy

·
Registered
2013 Golf R
16 Posts
Yesterday got to swap out front driveshaft bushing, serviced haldex fluid and filter and rebalanced all four wheels. Lots less shake than before. Still get a little bit of wobble at certain speeds but going to do a suspension refresh in the very near future and hopefully take care of that issue as well.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
^^^^^ OMG I can't wait till I get mine! YUMMY!! But like you it will be a while cause the build is slated for spring\summer. I'll still be getting my rear LSD in the coming months.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yeah, the Power Zone guys have been great - very responsive and super easy to deal with. It's pretty nerve-wracking ordering something like this sight unseen from a company I've never heard of in another country, but so far I'm super happy with the transaction. The problem is that it's hard to know the standard of work until the part is in the car, so I still have one more leap of faith. I'm excited to get it done.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah, the Power Zone guys have been great - very responsive and super easy to deal with. It's pretty nerve-wracking ordering something like this sight unseen from a company I've never heard of in another country, but so far I'm super happy with the transaction. The problem is that it's hard to know the standard of work until the part is in the car, so I still have one more leap of faith. I'm excited to get it done.
Are you running front LSD as well and are you running Haldex race controller? Just curious as I am coming from the FWD track setup of my MKV to this new to me MK6 R..

15901 - 15920 of 15963 Posts