VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
15921 - 15940 of 15963 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
I hope I can carve out some time to get it installed before winter hits, but that's looking unlikely. At least I have it ready to go.
I have to get the car back into NGP to get retuned anyway, and they quoted me $500 for the install, which is about 1/3 what I was expecting and I'm happy to pay that to save myself a few days in the driveway. So it looks like I'll have it in for winter after all!

·
Registered
2015 Golf TDI S "Hinata", 2013 Golf R "Kaguya"
575 Posts
I like it looks good!
Thanks so much! Quite excited to get some “fun” stuff completed on the car. I really wanted to deal with the neglect from previous owners before I spent on nice-to-have mods :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Correct It had yellow EBC pads in before. Wanted to try the Reds
Did you buy oem rotors or did you find the zimmermans? For the longest time there was no aftermarket rotor option, I was pumped when o found Zimmerman started making them so when I needed to replace the set on my tiguan that’s what I went with. Also running the red’s on it. If you were trying to spent an arm and a leg the girodisc 2 piece rotors are awesome, that’s what I have on my R with g loc pads very noisy but insane bite and save 7 pounds each rotor

·
Registered
2006 GTI 2018 passat 2019 Alltrack 2012 Golf R
50 Posts
Did you buy oem rotors or did you find the zimmermans? For the longest time there was no aftermarket rotor option, I was pumped when o found Zimmerman started making them so when I needed to replace the set on my tiguan that’s what I went with. Also running the red’s on it. If you were trying to spent an arm and a leg the girodisc 2 piece rotors are awesome, that’s what I have on my R with g loc pads very noisy but insane bite and save 7 pounds each rotor
Pretty sure They are OEM. I bought these quite awhile ago. Can't confirm since my receipt is on my work computer. Anyways I searched for awhile but found a sight somewhere that was quite a bit less than the others. So ordered them. They have been in my garage for around a year. Just wanted to get the heavy box out of the way. Have way to many other things I'm doing to it now.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Welp.. here it is:
I bet you remember bringing her home for the first time, her first steps, and firsts words. Now she is all grown up!😁😁

Reactions: Puttguy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Installed CF front spli View attachment 134076
Pretty sure They are OEM. I bought these quite awhile ago. Can't confirm since my receipt is on my work computer. Anyways I searched for awhile but found a sight somewhere that was quite a bit less than the others. So ordered them. They have been in my garage for around a year. Just wanted to get the heavy box out of the way. Have way to many other things I'm doing to it now.
What'd you think of the red pads?

15921 - 15940 of 15963 Posts