VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
15941 - 15960 of 15963 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks like I’m needing pads and rotors soon. It’s been squeaking quite a bit. Especially after the temp outside has dropped. I’ll give it a check when I rotate tires over the holiday. (Maybe it’s the compound of the pads needing more heat??

·
Premium Member
4,148 Posts
I bet you remember bringing her home for the first time
Sure do, I had just gone through an ordeal where a lady totalled my mark4 r32. I picked up the mark 6 with the insurance money. The mark4 had frame damage and I think someone picked it up and put it back in the road. They scored a fully built tran w/ lsd on a low mileage motor.

·
Registered
2013 Mk6 Golf R. IE tune stage 1, ECS intake
26 Posts
I’d really like my R to be more tail happy. I’m thinking the competition haldex controller and a front lsd might work. That and some sway bar magic.
I replaced all the rear suspension bushings with poly or vulcanized rubber and that allows the rear end to move quite a bit more when cornering. I wouldn’t QUITE call it tail happy, but it doesn’t drag it’s ass around like normal anymore :LOL: I would think this and a sway bar as you suggested and you could be sending the rear end around at speed if you wanted to

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I replaced all the rear suspension bushings with poly or vulcanized rubber and that allows the rear end to move quite a bit more when cornering. I wouldn’t QUITE call it tail happy, but it doesn’t drag it’s ass around like normal anymore :LOL: I would think this and a sway bar as you suggested and you could be sending the rear end around at speed if you wanted to
As I've mentioned it also needs a rear strut brace (HPA, Tyrol Sport, Unibrace etc) with the Comp Haldex/UM Flash. Remember people don't do the front antisway bar unless you want more understeer!

·
Premium Member
4,148 Posts
I've been debating on posting a feeler for it since I got the GX470, today it kinda hit me it's for the better. It's been a wild run, gonna take my time and see how to do this. The car will be either in Denver, Washington, or Philly over the next 3-5mo. Need to decide on what to part, what not to part, let alone if I have the guts to actually sell it. Happy TG

·
Registered
174 Posts
Installed a hatch pop-up kit. Now the hatch opens by itself when pressing the key remote.

·
Registered
174 Posts
How much harder does it make shutting the hatch?

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk
A bit more. I installed it in the garage and the first time I pushed down on it, I was on the side of the hatch because the car was close to the closed door. I had to try twice to get it to close completely. I'm hoping that it will loosen a little over time.

Also, I usually close the hatch by using the inside handle to swing it down enough to close. I don't think that method will work anymore. The struts will probably require the lid itself to be pushed down from the outside.

Reactions: Puttguy

·
Registered
175 Posts
How much harder does it make shutting the hatch?

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk
I recently installed the kit on my R and love it. So nice to have a way to pop open the back when your hands are otherwise full. As you would expect it does take significantly more pressure to close the hatch and the first time you go to close it, does surprise you and it seems like a lot. However, you quickly become accustomed to the new routine and it just becomes normal very quickly. So happy with this inexpensive mod, quite useful. It is one of a few convenience upgrades I am doing to my newly acquired R. Another thing I am doing is adding a rear view popup camera which is another important convenience item to me. (RCD330+ and popup cam)

·
Premium Member
4,148 Posts
Also, I usually close the hatch by using the inside handle to swing it down enough to close. I don't think that method will work anymore. The struts will probably require the lid itself to be pushed down from the outside.
I used to swing it closed like this with just the inside handle before the pop kit. Since the pop kit I've just brought it down from the outer edge and used a palm over the rear wiper to help shut it. It's quite stiff the first few times, then muscle memory kicks in and it feels easier over time. I just need to remember to keep my face away when opening with a key fob as it swings open quite fast .

I might have mentioned this before, I wish there was some vag coding to keep the driver side unlock button long-pressed or something to pop the trunk from the inside. Key fob still works too so there's that, it's just those trunk pop buttons seem to be continuously out of stock.

·
Registered
174 Posts
... it's just those trunk pop buttons seem to be continuously out of stock.
What trunk pop button is that? Something that goes in the center console near the ash tray?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not car related but definitely a damper on my car plans, I am unable to get a loan for a new place to live, so I have to now put money into the current worthless place. ( it’s in bad shape)

kind of ****ed how they say I can’t get a loan for a place which would cost me 800 a month even if I sold the place I’m paying over 750 a month for 🙄

15941 - 15960 of 15963 Posts