VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26317 Posts

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since people are taking their MKVII's home let's get this thread started :)

I can't wait to see these things modded. I am getting nostalgia from the memories I had leading up to getting my 12 golf R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Today I drove past the dealership to see if I could spot it done with PDI and waiting for me to pick it up in two days Didn't see it anywhere, must be safe and sound inside.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I got it! I took delivery in the dark which is very risky but when I got it home in my well lit garage, the fit, finish and quality is second to none.

I have really enjoyed my 07 MINI, but the quality and feel of the R easily eclipses the little Cooper.

And the POWER of the R! Is this thing underrated? I had an 05 GTO with 400+ HP with mods and this feels as fast!

I absolutely love the R. I can't think of another car I would rather own now. I am a VERY happy camper!

OH! The Soundaktor.....Luv it! the sound is really cool! Just don't tell anybody it is artificial.....we can keep that secret.;)

Pics to follow.....too dark..

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got it! I took delivery in the dark which is very risky but when I got it home in my well lit garage, the fit, finish and quality is second to none.

I have really enjoyed my 07 MINI, but the quality and feel of the R easily eclipses the little Cooper.

And the POWER of the R! Is this thing underrated? I had an 05 GTO with 400+ HP with mods and this feels as fast!

I absolutely love the R. I can't think of another car I would rather own now. I am a VERY happy camper!

OH! The Soundaktor.....Luv it! the sound is really cool! Just don't tell anybody it is artificial.....we can keep that secret.;)

Pics to follow.....too dark..
Nice!

You really must not have been able to wait if you took delivery at night:laugh:

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel like a hobo in my stage 2+ mk6R . These posts remind me of when I ordered my R and waited months for it to arrive. Best feeling in the world! Something tells me I won't last much longer in the 6

·
Registered
118 Posts
I looked at pictures of limestone grey ones, awaiting for mine to be built! I wish I could contribute more to the thread

·
Registered
374 Posts
picked her up from the detailer...Greg Gellas of Signature Detailing in NJ....CQuartz Finest and Xpel Ultimate partial front

Sitting pretty next to her VW/audi group bigger brother

·
Registered
134 Posts
I installed the 5 peice WeatherTech mats today. The hatch piece does not fit well at all :( the rest fit well with great coverage. I am going to take a pic and send it to them asking if they sent the correct one.

In more exciting news I have a 10 AM Sunday appointment for tint. 35% front, 20% back and rear. Getting SunTek Film.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I feel like a hobo in my stage 2+ mk6R . These posts remind me of when I ordered my R and waited months for it to arrive. Best feeling in the world! Something tells me I won't last much longer in the 6

Don't tell me you going to sell your 2nd mkvi R, Didnt you just buy it back.

1 - 20 of 26317 Posts