VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do to your Golf R today?

4M views 27K replies 2K participants last post by  MiamiBourne 
#1 ·
Since people are taking their MKVII's home let's get this thread started :)

I can't wait to see these things modded. I am getting nostalgia from the memories I had leading up to getting my 12 golf R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27,282 ·
You can absolutely see the name of the file which might shed a clue and also see how its performing.

Yeah, all I have is the OBDEleven, and the ECM "software version" shows the part number for the stock version of the ECM.

Sigh, the only version is on Android.

Anyone in Central NJ have the Simos Tools and dongle, and wouldn't mind spending an hour getting the info out of my ECM???

#27,285 · (Edited)
WITW Prep for a friend and installed Moog end links and a 25mm H&R Rear sway bar...I also test fit his VMR V810 wheels to see if they clear my calipers.
-Edit: Yes, they clear just enough.

I currently need a 12.5mm spacer for the Pretoria's to clear so I'm shopping new wheels as I don't want to run spacers anymore.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Locking hubs

Wheel Automotive lighting Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

#27,286 ·
WITW Prep for a friend and installed Moog end links and a 25mm H&R Rear sway bar...I also test fit his VMR V810 wheels to see if they clear my calipers. I currently need a 12.5mm spacer for the Pretoria's to clear so I'm shopping new wheels as I don't want to run spacers anymore.

View attachment 374756

View attachment 374755

View attachment 374754
So they clear?

I found my "good price" brakes have turned into a very expensive mod due to needing new wheels. 😂

#27,287 ·
So they clear?

I found my "good price" brakes have turned into a very expensive mod due to needing new wheels. 😂
Yes, they cleared. I'll edit my post...forgot to mention that!

Oh and yes...Agreed on good price on brake kit now means new wheels to clear :ROFLMAO:

#27,288 · (Edited)
0 performance gain but looks good, kinda partial but hopefully it grows on me. I got the OEM style glove box lights and were a direct fit on the driver and passenger seat, purchase blue smd chip lights on Amazon. They aren't as bright when driving but when the car is off they illuminate more, weather tech floor mats are a little glossy after detail so they reflect more light.
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Car Vehicle Hood

Reactions: Kushdaiin
#27,290 ·
0 performance gain but looks good, kinda partial but hopefully it grows on me. I got the OEM style glove box lights and were a direct fit on the driver and passenger seat, purchase blue smd chip lights on Amazon. They aren't as bright when driving but when the car is off they illuminate more, weather tech floor mats are a little glossy after detail so they reflect more light.
Looks great!

I have not added those rear footwell lights. With a 4 year old...makes me want to.

Though I think that where I was going to get them from (deAutoLED), they sell the rear kit with the front only and I already did the front. I'll have to double check...

#27,291 ·
WITW Prep for me this time. Same as I did for a friend…H&R 25mm RSB and Moog RSB end links (painted). I also replaced the bolts for the bushings and where the end links connect to the rear control arm.

I had also picked up this Milwaukee under hood light which works well detached and on the floor.

Gas Wood Asphalt Electric blue Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Bumper

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire