VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
24,821 - 24,840 of 27,291 Posts
Oregano: Those brakes are nasty! :eek:

zllekk: Love those wheels.

-----------------

Backed it out of the garage and introduced it to its new stable mate:

Thanks brother. These are the only cheap ish option for 17s I can stomach. Your R32 makes me miss mine. It must be fun to take that out for a spin and hear that exhaust whenever you want to. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

After finishing the ceramic coating and allowing time to cure, I put the new-to-me Englishtown's on with some new winter Sottozero 3 rubber, and removed and washed the black summer Pretorias. Decided to leave the spacers on front and read. Looks too good with them on the car. Installed the APR rear sway bar this past weekend. Amazing upgrade! I've got 4 boxes of goodies in the garage waiting to be opened, including IE upgrades, short shifter and JB4. Hope to be done by next week, maybe a bit longer. Will share the full list my mods and upgrades and will report back in depth, with photos, when I'm done and have had a chance to put some miles on my 1600 mile '19 R.

Went to a new dealer today to have my headlights replaced. I forgot to take pictures of the before but essentially they were like others have posted here before with the spider like cracking. What was more unique in my case was small vertical hairline cracks all along the bottom in addition to the typical spider cracking that creates a haze.

I bought my MY18 used in Virginia off a Chevy dealer lot a couple years ago and the vertical cracks were present then but not the hazy spider cracks, with the car being 1 year old and only 3,200 mi on the OD. I figured then since there were no impact craters this would be an easy warrant fix. So I take the car over to the local VW dealer a month or so after purchase and they try to tell me that since the hood and front bumper have road debris dings that the vertical cracks were from that and would not replace under warranty. I was pretty pissed but I expected it to be because most dealerships suck this one in NOVA was no exception. The headlights had no visible or discernible impact craters when touching, smooth as a fresh pair. I said screw it and went stage 2. Fast forward, I moved down to Florida and and about 10 months pass and I start to notice the spider cracking getting really bad, especially when the lights are on. So I take it back to the VW dealer here, show them and within 5 seconds they said that they would replace them under warranty. Took them 2hrs and not a single mention of my rock chips on the bumper.

Went to a new dealer today to have my headlights replaced. I forgot to take pictures of the before but essentially they were like others have posted here before with the spider like cracking. What was more unique in my case was small vertical hairline cracks all along the bottom in addition to the typical spider cracking that creates a haze.

I bought my MY18 used in Virginia off a Chevy dealer lot a couple years ago and the vertical cracks were present then but not the hazy spider cracks, with the car being 1 year old and only 3,200 mi on the OD. I figured then since there were no impact craters this would be an easy warrant fix. So I take the car over to the local VW dealer a month or so after purchase and they try to tell me that since the hood and front bumper have road debris dings that the vertical cracks were from that and would not replace under warranty. I was pretty pissed but I expected it to be because most dealerships suck this one in NOVA was no exception. The headlights had no visible or discernible impact craters when touching, smooth as a fresh pair. I said screw it and went stage 2. Fast forward, I moved down to Florida and and about 10 months pass and I start to notice the spider cracking getting really bad, especially when the lights are on. So I take it back to the VW dealer here, show them and within 5 seconds they said that they would replace them under warranty. Took them 2hrs and not a single mention of my rock chips on the bumper.
I had that same issues on my 19 R. Replaced under warranty. Glad the dealer did the right thing for you and me. Some have gotten screwed with a set of cracking 2k headlights.

Love those neuspeed wheels.. One day I will own a set lol.

I had that same issues on my 19 R. Replaced under warranty. Glad the dealer did the right thing for you and me. Some have gotten screwed with a set of cracking 2k headlights.

Its bull**** how hard they fight sometimes. I had to keep arguing with the dealership when my headlight got a crack in it. It was on the side of the light no way its from a road hazard/impact. Was a frustrating few weeks and then finally after the photos went all the way back to Germany HQ they decided to "good will it".

Car cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You might want to research if leaving the suspension in full droop for an extended period of time is ok. I know on many FWD and AWD or IRS cars that allowing the suspension hang in full droop (for extended periods), to include the extra weight of the wheels, is typically not recommended.

But, maybe its ok on a Golf R?

Also, cant tell from the pics if the base of those stands are on the ground or you have something underneath?

I added the all track skid plate.

Before

After

I have also updated the part list that is need.

1x Skid Plate - 3Q0825902A

1x Bracket - 5Q0825921

1x Bracket - 5Q0825922A

9x Bolt - N0195307

The following are not needed as I already had them to hold my factory skid plate

7x Self Tapping Screw - N90974701

I also wouldn't use 2x Bolt - N90755902 as they are 12 point socket head bolts with a larger washer. I would go with two extra N0195307 as these are standard 6 point bolts that are easier to hold in a socket.

^ Congrats on the install

Ya, it was a bitch getting the 12 point socket into the bolts through the rubber grommets in the bumper. Good idea to use a standard bolt. I also had a u-joint that would not stay put (tip wrap the u-joint with masking tape to hold the u-joint firm but on a sight angle, the tape rips easily once you turn the bolt).

And yes, if the small ones are in decent shape you do not need to buy them.

24,821 - 24,840 of 27,291 Posts