VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
24,841 - 24,860 of 27,291 Posts
I loaded it up!

The winter tires for my Ghost are going on tomorrow at the dealership. The damn things are too big for the trunk (they're each about 28" tall and about 12" wide) so I will use the Golf to haul the tires over to them.

picked up one of these on ePay; it is not too bad for the $11 I paid for it. There are virtually no 4 button key fob covers other than those silicone versions and I didn't want one of those. This is not the top notch leather you see on youtube, and I'd pay for one of those if I could find the correct graphics, but this is not bad AND it is the only leather/leather type one that I've see which has an opening on the side for the key to slide out.

anyone know of another 4 button fob covering?

shark -

picked up one of these on ePay; it is not too bad for the $11 I paid for it. There are virtually no 4 button key fob covers other than those silicone versions and I didn't want one of those. This is not the top notch leather you see on youtube, and I'd pay for one of those if I could find the correct graphics, but this is not bad AND it is the only leather/leather type one that I've see which has an opening on the side for the key to slide out.

anyone know of another 4 button fob covering?

shark -
Your best bet is to have a look on Etsy. A bunch of people on there hand-make them to your spec including whatever colour leather and stitching you like. They can be pricey at around $60 USD, but totally worth it if you ask me as fobs accumulate scratches and hand oils over time that is disgusting.

The seller I got mine from is no longer active, but this is fairly similiar: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LeesFiveCraft?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=770359596

Fitted Eibach springs to my 2016. I had B6's fitted earlier this year along with GTI CSS bushes and front and rear strut braces (Eurocode) - the car has 70k miles on it and although the B6's and other bits had really sharpened it up I found that the factory springs had gone off after about 50k miles - there was alot of bounce to them and the car nose dived on braking and squatted on acceleration.
With the Eibachs fitted the ride is better pretty much in all circumstances, no squat and dive, markedly less roll and the 'drop' is almost zero at the front (maybe 5-10mm) after a few days settling but its maybe 15-20mm at the rear. Car now feels like a go-kart. Great upgrade.

After this...

I got to this...

Had to use the R as a truck to get the damn tires over to the dealer since only two of them would fit in the trunk of the Ghost.

One of the more WTF things I've seen in my live is a rolls ghost in the driveway of a condo complex.

After this...

I got to this...

Had to use the R as a truck to get the damn tires over to the dealer since only two of them would fit in the trunk of the Ghost.
Why didn't you put the other 2 inside (back seat?) the Ghost? Not fit?

Why didn't you put the other 2 inside (back seat?) the Ghost? Not fit?
I didn't want to take the chance on messing up the interior. Besides, I hadn't had a chance to drive the R in a while and I missed it.

But I did talk to a guy at the dealership who was having winter tires put on his Wraith (which is the 2-door version of the Ghost) and he did exactly that -- had 2 tires in the trunk and 2 in the back seat.

Interesting stable of cars there. Why did you go with a Ghost? Did you buy that new? :eek:
It's a 2016. I'm the third owner. First guy commissioned it (you don't "order" a Rolls-Royce; you "commission" it :cool:) and kept it three years. Second guy had it 18 months and then I got it. Both traded for new cars.

The Ghost is less about being driven and more about driving. I lucked out in that my car has the Dynamic package which includes visible exhausts, slightly stiffer suspension, thicker steering wheel, 21" staggered wheels/tires. It's also got a boatload of other options. AND, it was the only car I saw that didn't look like it had originally been used by a limo service. When I first started looking, I must have seen at least half a dozen cars that were black exterior/white interior/minimal options.

Besides, the EWB (extended wheelbase) Ghost would have been too tight in my garage. A Phantom would be as bad or worse, and the dimensions of that car just don't work for me. I think the proportions of the standard wheelbase Ghost are just right.

There's a thread here that I started after a few people had questions about the car. If you're interested, there's more detail and photos there:
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...my-other-4-door-car&p=114714097#post114714097

you'd think a car that big could fit more wheels/tires in the trunk than just 2.

you'd think a car that big could fit more wheels/tires in the trunk than just 2.
The tires are BIG. 21" wheels; almost 28" in diameter with the tires mounted. And about a foot wide.

24,841 - 24,860 of 27,291 Posts