VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
And I’ll start - installed a Dieselgeek Sigma 6 short shifter and a BFI heavyweight knob.

The short shifter fit without issues and nicely improves the throw with more notchiness.

Unfortunately the BFI knob doesn’t fit the new shifter assembly and required a bit of patchwork. I’ll be removing and reinstalling when the correct adapter is available.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Love this type thread. CivicX has it too.

I'm still waiting for my Moonstone Grey.

I did apply another coat of Meguiar's Ceramic Wax on my SuperSpeed RF05RR winter set up that's been sitting in my garage since November, thinking my baby was arriving first week of December. 😫

Does that count. 🤣

·
Registered
252 Posts
Installed the Raceseng weighted shifter knob, adapter and collar. Also installed rubber protectors for my front and rear license plate. And installed a tow hook license plate bracket that this one company makes in Canada. Ordered a set of VR Forged matte black 18x8.5 D03-R wheels to replace my 19x8 wheels with summer tires that came on my Autobahn. Will install the Deutsch Holy Shift short shifter on Monday. And putting together a list of other mods Ill be doing within the next few weeks like sway bars, end links, dog mount, rear valance, front splitter, paint my matte side skirts gloss black.

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Replaced the stock shift knob with a SportShifter's GT2 knob. No fitment issues with the smaller MK8 shaft or boot.

No significant change to overall height, but the smaller, heavier knob is a pleasant change to me - no more plastic!
That fit looks excellent - the lack of creases for the shift boot is definitely a plus over BFI.

·
Premium Member
2022 Pomelo Gti
91 Posts
Maxton design front lip installed. Fit is great, really makes the front end look more aggressive

Attachments

1 - 20 of 402 Posts