VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
381 - 400 of 491 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Got Tobias ceramic coated at 1600 miles. Detailer had to do stage 2 in some areas due to dealer-installed scratches and one good sized scuff on the mirror cap that I didn’t expect to buff out. No idea if the scuff was there when I took delivery and I missed it, I only noticed it after I got the car home (200 mile drive with no stops).

The detailer also pointed out a couple of likely factory paint defects and I’m now trying to decide if they’re worth making a warranty claim and accepting a repaint on the hatch. There‘s a roughly 4”x4” patch below one of the tail lights with dozens of white or silver flecks in the paint or between paint and clear coat, and another area above the same tail light where the texture is noticeably rough and slightly raised (not sure if it is better described as orange peel or bubbling, I don’t know a ton about paint).

Since the hatch always gets instantly dusty it’s one of those ‘you’ll never see it on a trottin’ horse’ situations, as my mother would say. I’ll mention it at the service appointment I have coming up but I’m not hugely bothered by the flecks at least.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had the ECS cat back exhaust installed with black 4" tips. I watched a few videos to get an idea of how it would sound beforehand, but it is much louder than I anticipated. It sounds really good on acceleration, but it is pretty loud for normal driving. Not sure if I will stick with it.
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Tire

·
Vendor
mk8 GTI 6MT, 997.1 6MT
9,022 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Today I modified my GTI with packing tape to keep future rain out because a guy in an Acura MDX went flying down the wrong side of the road and smashed my mailbox (possibly into the car?), car, and several road signs. The headlight is cracked in many places, the hood is mangled, maybe a corner of the fender and possibly bumper damage. Luckily he stopped and the police gave me a report including the driver’s insurance info so I already filed a claim. Just the headlight looks like $900 ish. The good news is the hood strut still works. And the radiator zip ties are intact with no radiator wiggle at all. 😀👍

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had the ECS cat back exhaust installed with black 4" tips. I watched a few videos to get an idea of how it would sound beforehand, but it is much louder than I anticipated. It sounds really good on acceleration, but it is pretty loud for normal driving. Not sure if I will stick with it. View attachment 221710
I absolutely loved this exhaust with acceleration, but unfortunately it was a little too aggressive for my wife. It's for sale in the classified section. I'm in Augusta GA and willing to deliver within 100 miles.

·
Registered
2022 GTI SE DSG - Moonstone Gray
60 Posts
I installed a new rear emblem, the 'GTI' nameplate had to be removed for some minor paint work on the hatch. I think I got it pretty good. If you look really close, I feel like the "I" is slightly tilted, but maybe I'm just crazy. o_O

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Wheel Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Automotive side-view mirror Mirror Vehicle Car Plant

It took a couple of months to get here (I was forewarned), but I finally got a set of OEM euro side mirrors yesterday from DAP.

I really missed having these.

Next up: figure out if the winter wheel / tire setup from my mk7 golf will fit…they’re super cheap discount tire house brand wheels with an offset of 38. (17x7.5 with blizzak 225 / 45 ws90’s, so height should be similar to the OEM 18” setup, but the offset’s not quite ideal). If they’re gonna stick out too far and rub the fenders, my partner will inheret a free winter setup for his golf tdi, and maybe I get to go wheel shopping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
View attachment 224552

It took a couple of months to get here (I was forewarned), but I finally got a set of OEM euro side mirrors yesterday from DAP.

I really missed having these.

Next up: figure out if the winter wheel / tire setup from my mk7 golf will fit…they’re super cheap discount tire house brand wheels with an offset of 38. (17x7.5 with blizzak 225 / 45 ws90’s, so height should be similar to the OEM 18” setup, but the offset’s not quite ideal). If they’re gonna stick out too far and rub the fenders, my partner will inheret a free winter setup for his golf tdi, and maybe I get to go wheel shopping.
My winters on my MK8 are a 225/45/R18 with a 35 offset and there’s zero rubbing, you’ll be fine!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Pulled the trigger a couple of months earlier than planned, just got off the phone with my dealer and placed my order for my 2023 base with the sunroof/18" Richmond's package, manual, Reflex Silver.

Now we wait ...

Reactions: TheDiamondOreo

·
Registered
‘22 OWP GTI SE DSG w/ Blk Wheel/Leather
2,446 Posts
Installed AWE Touring Catback with Diamond Black tips!

Def sound way better than the factory catback and def feel more inside. Cold Start up is about the same as stock and it get louder when you get on it.
Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car

·
Registered
37 Posts
381 - 400 of 491 Posts